VIDEO : JL JOURNAL - NEW EVO JL Wrangler Coilovers / Long Arms & More - Moab EJS 2018

jdofmemi

Sweet, cant wait for the JL with the diesel engine. Now that I am seeing the Jeep pickup prototype I wonder what Evo will do for the leaf spring assuming that the Jeep pickup will have it?

So why would you think that it would have leaf springs? FCA trucks like the 1500 and 2500 are on 4 link coil suspension in the rear, and have for several years. I am sure they are not going to downgrade the new truck.

SDG

Caught the Bug
That suspension setup is sweet. The amount of travel it puts out is very impressive. We ran a few trails with Mel and the JL, and he was able to do 90% of the obstacles we were running on 40's. The other 10% I am pretty confident it would have been capable of with aftermarket axles etc. It is a super capable system and platform for sure.

If I can figure out how to throw some vids on YouTube I will try and post some of it in action.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Well shit...you got me wanting to spend money on a Jeep I don't even have (yet) :cheesy:

:cheesy:

Cool video. Looks like they nailed it. Can’t wait to see if this will fit the new JT when it comes out.

Oh, I'm sure it will but there will be other options they'll be coming out for that as well. :crazyeyes:

Thats so awesome! Makes me wanna trade in my 2dr JK for a new JL. Any word on when the new sliders are being released and if there will be a 2dr version for JK?

Not sure when any of this will be shipping but they're making everything now. As far as 2-door stuff goes, they need to be shipping from FCA before anything like sliders can be made for it.

That’s so freaking awesome. More and more i see those JLs driving around more I want one.

Resistance is futile :D

That didn’t take Mel long! LOL! Looks badass! Let’s hope he does the same when the truck comes out!

Well, it doesn't hurt to know people in the right places and Mel does. :crazyeyes:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That suspension setup is sweet. The amount of travel it puts out is very impressive. We ran a few trails with Mel and the JL, and he was able to do 90% of the obstacles we were running on 40's. The other 10% I am pretty confident it would have been capable of with aftermarket axles etc. It is a super capable system and platform for sure.

If I can figure out how to throw some vids on YouTube I will try and post some of it in action.

Glad you were able to see it perform first hand. Amazing what 15.5" of vertical travel will do for a Jeep :crazyeyes:

I didn't even think of that, how is it not crushing the exhaust crossover?

The exhaust crossover isn't under the shaft where it droops on the JL, they moved it back

What 13_gecko_rubi said. The problem with this setup and the factory shaft was that the CV joint was maxed out.

Top Bottom