VIDEO : JL JOURNAL - A Quick Peek Underneath the JL Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Excellent video, improvements across the board, nice to see.
It seems the JL Rubicon can handle 35's with no modifications according to the Dynatracs guys and Fred from Dirt Everyday Day.

Jeep themselves have said that the Rubicon can run 35's stock and wheel with full flex with just their 2" lift.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Fantastic video...keep ‘em coming. ;) Is the sway bar motor the same (i.e. would the no limits work?) Also, do you think you will have to rotate it like on a JK? What about the vacuum pump?

GeckoJKU

A JL that showed up at a local dealership a couple weeks ago here in Canada has the optional Selec-Trac AWD..seeing the cv style axle made me do a double take lol.

Can make another trip to get more pictures/info on the AWD if needed, only a mile from home (which makes it quite tempting, and how I ended up with my JKU in the first place lol).

IMG_8007.jpg

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Fantastic video...keep ‘em coming. ;) Is the sway bar motor the same (i.e. would the no limits work?) Also, do you think you will have to rotate it like on a JK? What about the vacuum pump?

So far as I can tell, it is the exact the same sway bar disconnect motor. Not sure about how rotating it up will work but Rubicon's with the steel bumper group do come with a skid plate that should do an okay job of protecting it. There is no more vacuum pump between the frame rails.

A JL that showed up at a local dealership a couple weeks ago here in Canada has the optional Selec-Trac AWD..seeing the cv style axle made me do a double take lol.

Can make another trip to get more pictures/info on the AWD if needed, only a mile from home (which makes it quite tempting, and how I ended up with my JKU in the first place lol).

Yup, the AWD system does come with CV style front shafts. If you can get more pics, that would be cool.

Judesign

Caught the Bug
Cool video. Thanks for that. It’s encouraging that the designers have made improvements structurally in some of the places we need. And finally tucked the evap lol. I’m wondering if , aside from a lift and regear, if you could slap some 37s on a jl and be on your way?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Cool video. Thanks for that. It’s encouraging that the designers have made improvements structurally in some of the places we need. And finally tucked the evap lol. I’m wondering if , aside from a lift and regear, if you could slap some 37s on a jl and be on your way?

I think it would need at least some lift. At least, EVO is running a 2.5" lift to clear their 37's. Aside from that, we intend to run ours for a bit with as little help as possible :yup:

aggrex

Video was extremely helpful in pointing out the suspension upgrades made on the JL. Informative and educational.

Top Bottom