VIDEO : JL JOURNAL - 2.5" EVO Stage 4 JL Wrangler Lift Kit INSTALLATION

naysjp

Caught the Bug
That was one of the best videos I have ever watched. I am no mechanic by any means but I seriously think I could install that lift myself after watching this video. That video is so good that it has me convinced that I could do this. Glad this video is staying up because I am going to install the remaining 6 control arms that I need to buy to change out the rest of the stock ones.

whitey66

The easiest way to get your Jeep JL Wrangler running on a set of 35" tires or 37" tires on a Rubicon, is to install a small 2.5" lift much like the kind that EVO Manufacturing makes. In addition to coming with 2.5" coil spacers, the EVO Stage 4 Boost Kit also comes with bump stop extensions, shock relocation brackets, a new pair of rear sway bar links and front brake line extension brackets. Depending on what your needs are, optional overland control arm drop brackets are available, as are replacement heavy duty adjustable control arms for those of you who intend to run taller lift coils and/or shocks in the future. In this 'HOW TO' episode of the JL JOURNAL, we'll show you just how easy it is to install the EVO lift, with a set of their adjustable control arms and with just a basic set of tools. Of course, the instructions in this video could easily help you install any lift of this size and/or type, including ones made by Mopar, Rubicon Express, Rough Country and the like. We hope you enjoy the video and find the information in it to be useful.

To see a more thorough, written version of this write-up complete with tons of detailed photos and torque specs, simply click on the link below:
WRITE-UP : JL WRANGLER 2.5" EVO Stage 4 Boost Lift & Control Arms INSTALLATION

Please let me know if you have any questions. :cool:

sweet!!! nice job on video.:beer::beer::beer:

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Fun to watch, especially since I’ve been making and installing my own 2 1/2” lift for the last couple of weeks. JetLi is looking great!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So in order to run 37s, what all else do you need to install? Thinking along the lines of higher gears, beefing up the axles, sway bar, brake lines, etc? Would like to eventually do a 3-4" coil spring lift

So far, this is all you need. If other things need to be addressed, I'm sure we'll find out soon enough.

Damn, I read through the whole write-up in the other thread only to realize that there was a video. :doh:

Great job on both! I bet these will be used by a lot of people in the next few months/years.

:cheesy:

That was one of the best videos I have ever watched. I am no mechanic by any means but I seriously think I could install that lift myself after watching this video. That video is so good that it has me convinced that I could do this. Glad this video is staying up because I am going to install the remaining 6 control arms that I need to buy to change out the rest of the stock ones.

Glad to hear this video was helpful to you :cool:

Great video! Not that I’d expect anything less! :thumb:

Thank you :)

Hopefully, I’ll get to do this, soon. Nice video!

I hope you'll get to use it soon too :thumb:

NC Taxman

Good job on the video. I've been following you since you had your TJ back in the day - probably 2006 or so.

I had an '08 JKUR and an '11 JKUS. I remember the JKs came from factory with a noticeable forward rake for more aerodynamics and fuel economy. I don't notice it as much on the JLs, but haven't spent much time around them to really notice. Do you anticipate the need for "leveling kits" or budget boosts to have the JL sit more level, like a 1.5" or 2" front spacer and 3/4" or 1" rear spacer? I think some of the more complete kits came with extended bump stops, brake line relocation brackets and shock extensions, but not all kits were that complete. Is this 2.5" EVO kit the equivalent to the "leveling kits" of the JKs?

I just ordered my '18 JLUR and although I'm planning to wheel and wear out my factory 33s before I get bigger shoes, I'm wondering if I should look into a leveling kit right off the bat to make the JL sit more level.

Thanks.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Good job on the video. I've been following you since you had your TJ back in the day - probably 2006 or so.

I had an '08 JKUR and an '11 JKUS. I remember the JKs came from factory with a noticeable forward rake for more aerodynamics and fuel economy. I don't notice it as much on the JLs, but haven't spent much time around them to really notice. Do you anticipate the need for "leveling kits" or budget boosts to have the JL sit more level, like a 1.5" or 2" front spacer and 3/4" or 1" rear spacer? I think some of the more complete kits came with extended bump stops, brake line relocation brackets and shock extensions, but not all kits were that complete. Is this 2.5" EVO kit the equivalent to the "leveling kits" of the JKs?

I just ordered my '18 JLUR and although I'm planning to wheel and wear out my factory 33s before I get bigger shoes, I'm wondering if I should look into a leveling kit right off the bat to make the JL sit more level.

Thanks.

Honestly, I personally think that the JL Rubicons look a bit ass low due to the front fenders sitting higher than the rears. If anything, the JL could use a bit more of a rake but then, that's just me. I never thought the JK's needed a leveling kit especially being that the rear end would sag so much with all the gear I carry.

Top Bottom