VIDEO : FIX A FLAT - How to Plug a Punctured Tire with Ease

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Whether it's caused by a nail, screw, renegade branch or other sharp and pointy object, a flat tire caused by a puncture is something that most of us have to deal with at some point and time especially if you take your Jeep off road. And, while it can be a bummer, it is at least something that can be fixed quickly and with relative ease. The best part is, so long as the hole is located on the tread, the repair will be good enough that you won't have to think about again. In this short video, you'll get to see just how easy it is to locate a leak and how to fix it yourself using a tire plug.

Tire Plug Repair Kit: https://amzn.to/2UubzmA
Air Compressor Mount: https://bit.ly/39Xbj4Q
On Board Air Video: https://youtu.be/SbLsARoVpbY

PLEASE SUBSCRIBE
If you enjoyed this video, Cindy and I would be grateful if you could please SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube channel!
https://www.youtube.com/wayalife?sub_confirmation=1

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
Good video tip. I’ve carried a mushroom plug kit from a major auto parts for almost twenty years and some of the repairs have lasted the life of the tire. They even worked on a couple of motorcycles which is a major no-no. I’m still here. The only issue for me was the K-Y Jelly supplied with the kit tended to dry out over time. The only ARB part of the system is the compressor which I love. Thx for the great update on Ridley. He’s a typical energy packed Border Collie. Gotta get some sheep to keep him busy.

Brute

Hooked
It's important to cut the excess plug off...I've seen someone plug the tire on the trail, not cut off the excess sticking out of the hole, and have it pull out after being mashed onto a rock and sticking to it...

Sometimes it's worthwhile to wait for the credits to roll...

jeeeep

Hooked
Holes and lubricant. Enough said.

:cheesy:

Reminded me to check my kit and sure enough, the lube is dried up also forgot i had already used several plugs and never got replacements.

Seeing Ripley makes me want to get another dog ... :thumb:

Last edited:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
You had me insertion tool. [emoji1307]

Are you guys giving up that Jeep life for the Isuzu rodeo life?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Good video tip. I’ve carried a mushroom plug kit from a major auto parts for almost twenty years and some of the repairs have lasted the life of the tire. They even worked on a couple of motorcycles which is a major no-no. I’m still here. The only issue for me was the K-Y Jelly supplied with the kit tended to dry out over time. The only ARB part of the system is the compressor which I love. Thx for the great update on Ridley. He’s a typical energy packed Border Collie. Gotta get some sheep to keep him busy.

LOL at the KY jelly!! :cheesy:
What I do like about the ARB kit is that the lube is more like butter :crazyeyes:

All I could think of was the haircut and that fresh shave [emoji23]

Good video! Thanks for the links.

Glad we could be of help :)

Thanks for that!! The bonus footage was awesome.

So glad you enjoyed it :)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
It's important to cut the excess plug off...I've seen someone plug the tire on the trail, not cut off the excess sticking out of the hole, and have it pull out after being mashed onto a rock and sticking to it...

Sometimes it's worthwhile to wait for the credits to roll...

Yup, this is true... on both accounts LOL :D

Holes and lubricant. Enough said.

:shock: :thumb: :rock:

Reminded me to check my kit and sure enough, the lube is dried up also forgot i had already used several plugs and never got replacements.

Seeing Ripley makes me want to get another dog ... :thumb:

LOL - always good to check to make sure you've got lube :thumb:

You had me insertion tool. [emoji1307]

Are you guys giving up that Jeep life for the Isuzu rodeo life?

LOL - it's the in laws. Although, I used to wheel an Isuzu back in the day :yup:

As usual, great video! The bonus footage of you plugging the tire was ok too I guess.

LOL - thanks :)

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Yup, this is true... on both accounts LOL :D

:shock: :thumb: :rock:

LOL - always good to check to make sure you've got lube :thumb:

LOL - it's the in laws. Although, I used to wheel an Isuzu back in the day :yup:

LOL - thanks :)

Vehicross life. Lol

Good video. Would be very helpful for someone with a sidewall puncture. For some reason, I always seem to get them there. In fact, last time we were out we patched my sidewall near lovelock. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Love it, breaks it down from doubting to doing!

LOL - glad you enjoyed it :)

Lol! My Dad would run that tire until it was worn out! Great video. I enjoyed seeing the new pup, too.

Truth be told... me too. Just had to put that out there because I know all the Negative Nancy's would give me hell if I didn't. :crazyeyes:

Vehicross life. Lol

Good video. Would be very helpful for someone with a sidewall puncture. For some reason, I always seem to get them there. In fact, last time we were out we patched my sidewall near lovelock. Lol

LOL - so funny that you would say as much because we'd been thinking about making this video since that day! Crazy that the puncture we knew we'd get sooner or later ended up being located in and around the same place on the tire. :crazyeyes:

Jsouder53

Hooked
Thanks for making this great video! When I first learned how to plug a tire, I had to watch some redneck video [emoji23]

Top Bottom