VIDEO : Clean Dirty Tires & Make Them Look Black Again without the Shine

We have some good non greasy shine, or cleaner really, here at the dealer I use but it’s more on the shiny side for sure and I’ve always wanted to give the Chemical Guys stuff a whirl. Luckily I see their stuff all the time at AutoZone or O’Reilly’s and such. Looking good on the Ridge Grapplers!

RJV

Great video! Been a detailer as a side hobby/job since I was a kid. Another thing that works great on dirty tires is a good stiff drill brush, like this:

And I like the Chemical Guys tire kicker shine (I think it's been replaced now, but I got the last few bottles at my local Advanced auto for like $1 each lol), it doesn't look greasy, but longevity could be better - Duragloss #253 is an excellent dressing too. I use a carrand tire shine brush to apply it, it gives you an even application and gets into the crevices of the side wall much better than foam ones do.

Here's how mine look before/after:

Attachments

• IMG_5780.jpeg
    IMG_5780.jpeg
    335.2 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_3429.jpeg
    IMG_3429.jpeg
    289.4 KB · Views: 4
Great video! Been a detailer as a side hobby/job since I was a kid. Another thing that works great on dirty tires is a good stiff drill brush, like this:

And I like the Chemical Guys tire kicker shine (I think it's been replaced now, but I got the last few bottles at my local Advanced auto for like $1 each lol), it doesn't look greasy, but longevity could be better - Duragloss #253 is an excellent dressing too. I use a carrand tire shine brush to apply it, it gives you an even application and gets into the crevices of the side wall much better than foam ones do.

Why are people ashamed of a little mud on their tires?

jamesrw30

So far I've only used CG leather cleaner and conditioner kit but really like it. Plan to get more of their stuff eventually. Don't take this personally but Ripley is always my favorite part 🤣

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
We have some good non greasy shine, or cleaner really, here at the dealer I use but it’s more on the shiny side for sure and I’ve always wanted to give the Chemical Guys stuff a whirl. Luckily I see their stuff all the time at AutoZone or O’Reilly’s and such. Looking good on the Ridge Grapplers!
It is nice that you can find them locally at autopart stores (y)

A drill brush is something I need to get for sure!
That may constitute balloon abuse…
:ROFLMAO:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Why are people ashamed of a little mud on their tires?
LOL - can't speak for anyone else but I personally care about my Jeeps. Always happy to get them dirty but try my hardest to keep them looking as good as they can too.
So far I've only used CG leather cleaner and conditioner kit but really like it. Plan to get more of their stuff eventually. Don't take this personally but Ripley is always my favorite part 🤣
LOL - happy to hear you enjoy seeing Ripley 😁
Thanks for sharing this Cindy and Eddie. I’ve been wondering how this worked. Definitely going to try it.
Awesome! Happy that we could share this with you.

JAGS

Hooked
I thought I was the only one who washes the back of the wheel and tire!

I wonder if Eddie uses ceramic wax on the backside of the wheel. Lol

Great video. Loved the Ripley bit too!

we all know you use a toothbrush and not a big brush like Eddie used that would miss the nooks and crannies. Ha ha.

LOL - it's good to know that we've actually known each other long enough for you to remember it (y)

And yes, I agree.

So, I have not used the ceramic stuff but will have to give it a try now! (y)
I picked up on the closing as Adam noted. Maybe should double post in the old school cool thread. 😎 Next you’ll start drinking American honey again 🤣🤣

Top Bottom