Ubering to support Jeep life

sparks

So I started ubering on my way home from work to get some extra cash for mods. So far I've gotten a really high feedback picking people up in my JKU. Lots of compliments and overall good vibes for having a cool vehicle.

Anyone else jumped on the Uber wagon?

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
So I started ubering on my way home from work to get some extra cash for mods. So far I've gotten a really high feedback picking people up in my JKU. Lots of compliments and overall good vibes for having a cool vehicle.

Anyone else jumped on the Uber wagon?

I had thought about it but this one time I was carpooling to an event and had a short fat guy that could barely get into the jeep. Guess I could take a step ladder with me.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

sparks

I had thought about it but this one time I was carpooling to an event and had a short fat guy that could barely get into the jeep. Guess I could take a step ladder with me.

I had one fat lady complain and I told her to grab the handle and pull herself in or cancel the trip. She got in.

I work full time but rather than sit in rush hour traffic I stayed downtown (Chicago) and have made a few hundred bucks in a couple days. Looks like the new lights and tires are coming sooner than I thought. The extra miles and wear and tear sucks, but it's more time behind the wheel of my jeep and there's really nothing better.

Kalums

I'm going to be "that guy" (sorry) and just throw it out there... When doing any Uber or Lyft work just remember unless specified in your insurance contract /agreement, they can refuse your coverage AFTER you have already been in an accident. In other words if you have an accident and your insurance company finds out you were using your vehicle for a "ride share" or taxi vehicle w/o informing them they can deny your claim.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Angry Aussie

Some people like it and some hate it. When I drove for Lyft I got a ton of complaints from people who would tell me they love my Jeep but then in a review would complain like hell its to hard to get into, to uncomfortable, environment killer, gas guzzler, etc. Don't get me wrong a bunch of people loved it but the bad reviews will start piling up and the shit people would complain about was insane to me. So I gave it up. Don't think driving a Jeep on 37s is the best choice for a ride share vehicle.

jeepbn

I got picked up in one on St Paddy's Day. It was cool as hell, even better since it started snowing like crazy. But I just didn't get why, like you can't be making money ubering in a wrangler.

16 JKU 6MT
Granite Crystal Metallic

sparks

I'm going to be "that guy" (sorry) and just throw it out there... When doing any Uber or Lyft work just remember unless specified in your insurance contract /agreement, they can refuse your coverage AFTER you have already been in an accident. In other words if you have an accident and your insurance company finds out you were using your vehicle for a "ride share" or taxi vehicle w/o informing them they can deny your claim.

Uber provides insurance for the duration of the trip. I get an accord form electronically for every trip. I thought I would need other insurance (besides my current policy) but the Uber people told me no

Kalums

Uber provides insurance for the duration of the trip. I get an accord form electronically for every trip. I thought I would need other insurance (besides my current policy) but the Uber people told me no
Read carefully what is actually covered. My understanding is that, that form is more of a waiver than a supplemental insurance. I personally never saw one though because when I was researching doing this myself a few years ago they didn't have one/anything like that.

OhNoTheJiggies

I thought about doing this but I live on base now and don't want to drive far to pick someone up and usually going all the way to destin. So until I live in a better area for it, I'm not going to do it.
On the comfort side, I have an Elantra as well that I was planning on using for the rides so I wouldn't have to use a vehicle with 15mpg lol.

SSTM714

I would agree with the dash cam idea. I would want a front view for traffic collisions and a rear view (with audio) for the passengers. It's an ounce of protection from criminal and civil liability.

Sent from my iPhone using the WAYALIFE mobile app

naysjp

Caught the Bug
I have been considering doing the same thing w/ my JKU. I'd have to get the cracked windshield fix first. My Jeep is spotless on the inside since I don't eat in it. The thought of someone hurling in the backseat makes me say no. I have a friend who has a 4dr vehicle and someone hurled in it. Mine is on 31s so the height is no issue. I commute 60 miles a days which is another reason why I am not keen on driving folks around. Still kicking around the ideal.

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
That's it...I'm going to drive my Hellcat doing Uber pickups...only one passenger (hottie) and as many dirt roads enroute to destination...

It does beg the question, can one discriminate against the ugly as an uber driver? And, for example, would the no fat chicks stickers I see on some Jeeps become policy rather than preference or a lawsuit? :thinking:

Brute

Hooked
All kidding aside, I travel a lot, and if I'm not renting a vehicle, I use Lyft often...both Uber & Lyft are far better than cabs...both the quality & cleanliness of the vehicles & drivers (no half eaten sandwiches on the console)

Top Bottom