U110A trouble code.

Wethy

Good evening all. I was wondering if anyone knows anything about this code. My jeep is throwing it. And ding like crazy. It started earlier today. At first ot was coming on whenever i turned right. At the time the check engine light and oil would flicker on and off really quickly and was only intermittent.i got out and checked as much as i could and every thing seemed ok so i carried on home. I cant find much on the code. And am wondering if it has to do with the clock spring as it also turned my traction control light on but not my air bag. Has anyone dealt with this code before????? Im baffled by this

Good evening all. I was wondering if anyone knows anything about this code. My jeep is throwing it. And ding like crazy. It started earlier today. At first ot was coming on whenever i turned right. At the time the check engine light and oil would flicker on and off really quickly and was only intermittent.i got out and checked as much as i could and every thing seemed ok so i carried on home. I cant find much on the code. And am wondering if it has to do with the clock spring as it also turned my traction control light on but not my air bag. Has anyone dealt with this code before????? Im baffled by this

U110A-LOST COMMUNICATION WITH SCM (SAS)

For a complete wiring diagram,refer to the Wiring Information .

When Monitored and Set Conditions

When Monitored: This diagnostic runs continuously when the following conditions are met:

- Engine run time greater than three seconds.

- Battery voltage between 9.0 and 16.0 volts.

Set Conditions:

- The Powertrain Control Module (PCM) doesn't receive a Steering Angle Sensor (SAS) message over the CAN C circuit for seven consecutive seconds. The circuit is continuously monitored.

Default Actions:

- MIL light will illuminate.

Always perform the PRE-DIAGNOSTIC TROUBLESHOOTING PROCEDURE before proceeding. See: Testing and Inspection (Refer to 28 - DTC-Based Diagnostics/MODULE, Powertrain Control (PCM) - Standard Procedure).

CHECK FOR AN ACTIVE DTC

1. Turn the ignition on.

1. With the scan tool, read DTCs and record on the repair order.
Is the DTC active or pending?

Yes

-See: Testing and Inspection (Refer to 28 - DTC-Based Diagnostics/MODULE, Totally Integrated Power (TIPM) - Diagnosis and Testing) and perform the U0212-Lost Communication with SCM diagnostic procedure.

No

-See: Testing and Inspection (Refer to 29 - Non-DTC Diagnostics/Communication - Diagnosis and Testing) and perform the Stored Lost Communication DTCs diagnostic procedure.

Grumpiebill

Only other time I have seen this the ignition switch was replaced. Only part of the switch was actually working. Sorry I'm not more help but hope this is helpful...

Sent from my SM-T560NU using WAYALIFE mobile app

Wethy

I actually had ny mechanic look at it. It seems water got in the TPM (tirepressure one)module and it started to fail making everythinh downstream of it(aparently theyre all in line) to go to alarm. They have since disconnected it and everything works fine now except i have a tpms light on the dash that flashes at startup and then goes solid. But i can live with that until i can get it in on a day im not working. So not as bad as i thought. Also my thinking is. How did it get water in it in the first place. Lol

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using WAYALIFE mobile app

jeeeep

Hooked
I actually had ny mechanic look at it. It seems water got in the TPM (tirepressure one)module and it started to fail making everythinh downstream of it(aparently theyre all in line) to go to alarm. They have since disconnected it and everything works fine now except i have a tpms light on the dash that flashes at startup and then goes solid. But i can live with that until i can get it in on a day im not working. So not as bad as i thought. Also my thinking is. How did it get water in it in the first place. Lol

fill up with air at a gas station or similar lately?

I've gotten in the habit of releasing air hose air before filling up tires, for the most part most are dry but I've run across a few that spew out water for the first few seconds.

guess they don't all believe in running an air compressor moisture trap

Wethy

fill up with air at a gas station or similar lately?

I've gotten in the habit of releasing air hose air before filling up tires, for the most part most are dry but I've run across a few that spew out water for the first few seconds.

guess they don't all believe in running an air compressor moisture trap
Not the wheel sensor. The one connected to the jeeps computer. I guess it's the WCM. But i have an arb under the hood. But my tires arent stock size so they get run at 33psi but being in canada when the temperature dropped so did they. So the light has been on because of that.

Top Bottom