Tuffy jk security deck enclosure

Hightower

My Tuffy makes quite a bit of noise/rattling when I drive over rough roads has anyone experienced this and any solutions nothing appears loose to me?

ttfhell

Not sure which one you have but I put weather stripping tape along the joint that runs along the top of the deck and connects to back of the seat and it helped.

MTG

Caught the Bug
Nope. No rattles. I thought you had a rack that attached to the roll bars?

Last edited:

JeepFan

Hooked
Interesting that Russ had to add weather stripping to the top and Carl's has plastic rollers. The one I installed in my Jeep back in December came with metal rollers (big washers) and weather stripping that runs along the bottom of the top cover between the side walls and cover. No rattles. Wonder if Tuffy has made some improvements along the way...:idontknow: :thinking:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Interesting that Russ had to add weather stripping to the top and Carl's has plastic rollers. The one I installed in my Jeep back in December came with metal rollers (big washers) and weather stripping that runs along the bottom of the top cover between the side walls and cover. No rattles. Wonder if Tuffy has made some improvements along the way...:idontknow: :thinking:

Might depend what version they have. I'm not sure if Russ has the new version or not.

RanchoRubi

Caught the Bug

I got mine over two years ago and had rattles. Put the weather stripping like Russ did and no issues.

Hightower

Nope. No rattles. I thought you had a rack that attached to the roll bars?

Mike I took it off and am storing it in the garage for a few years now want to buy it .. :cheesy:

Check the plastic rollers, they get flat spots and this can cause rattles.

Moochi I have have metal wheels.. :yup:

Ill get some weather stripping and fix it when it warms up..:thumb: Its going to be -17 tonight:eek::eek::grayno:

Moochie

Moochi I have have metal wheels.. :yup:

I also have the metal wheels. It's the plastic part that rests on the track. This gets flat spots due to the weight that is carried on the top lid. The plastic piece is on the same bolt that connects to the "wheels". Sometimes just rotating the plastic pieces can help tighten up the top and help to silence the rattle.

Moochie

In this photo it's the smaller "plastic" bushing next to the bigger round metal washer thingy. Lol ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1393295077.244491.jpg

Serg5000

Is that the weather stripping on the inside?

Driver driver GAS!
WAYALIFE mobile app

Yes it is weather strip. It's a small piece. It's only about 4" long. Anywhere metal is supposed to make contact it should have some weather stripping. The top panel should have a piece of strip along the entire length of the lid. Here is a pic of what I'm trying to describe.
ure6abys.jpg

Hightower

Yes it is weather strip. It's a small piece. It's only about 4" long. Anywhere metal is supposed to make contact it should have some weather stripping. The top panel should have a piece of strip along the entire length of the lid. Here is a pic of what I'm trying to describe.
ure6abys.jpg

Ok thx:thumb:

Top Bottom