Tubular Fender Flares.???

So, I know that the common thing is that just cut/trim the stock flares as there are many benefits that they can just tear away in a rumble with a rock...

But, if I wanted to go with a tubular flare I am wondering about any input....

From what I have seen they range anywhere from about $600 to over $2k. Very surprising the range as from first glance they all look the same relativity (I am talking tubular style and not something like fab fours).

Interesting I called DV8 to ask about why theirs are approx. $800 and some others as much as 2k. The person very honestly stated, "ours are from China". Not a great selling point but got to give him points for honesty.

On the other hand I am wondering who has the best setup to not have the issue that if I collide them into a rock they just then bend in my body instead. I know Poison Spyder has reinforcement for this but does it really hold up??

So, what would be people recommendations for tubular and do you know if they will hold up to getting whacked here and there??

Don’t get dv8. I have polyurethane ones from KBD because they are designed and made in America and cheap. If I had a bigger budget, I would probably go Nemesis Industries or EVO. Nemesis really have a cool look IMO.

Don’t get dv8. I have polyurethane ones from KBD because they are designed and made in America and cheap. If I had a bigger budget, I would probably go Nemesis Industries or EVO. Nemesis really have a cool look IMO.

What he said!

The Nemesis ones are the absolute best looking in my opinion, maybe Poison Spyder's in second. I'll most likely pick up a set of either when I go to 37s. There's a ton of options out there, but honestly I'm gonna try this before anything else, cause it's free and you can retain your stock liners and fender substructure for reinforcement if need be:

It sound like you are looking for a metal flare, but if you want something flexible that won't damage your body panels if you take a big hit you should check out MCE narrow flares. They are affordable, easy to install, and IMO, look great. I was originally leaning toward PS or Nemesis but stumbled across the MCE. Glad I did.

The BAD Influence

Caught the Bug
You mentioned several times you're concerned about metal flares crushing the body. Just trim your stock plastic ones and be done. After last week wheeling Sand Hollow in snow and rain, I witnessed several Jeeps slide off their line. Metal flares (of any make or design) crushed the body. Plastic flares folded,,and in most cases popped right back in place.

n3tfury

I have the narrow PS's up front and love them. I understand the crush risk, but don't care honestly and run the genright fender delete in the rear.

JimLee

Hooked
I've got big heavy ass Road Armor fenders. Could they damage the body, sure I guess, but the tires and wheels are a couple of inches outside them. It would take a hit from a strange angle and besides that's what body shops are for. The JLs have a hardened steel fender support structure, I was way less worried once I saw those.

Top Bottom