Trip / trail suggestions for Father / Daughter Trip

mackey

I live in North Idaho. I want to go on a Father / Daughter Jeep trip. My daughter is 16 and loves jeeps. I want to teach her how to rock crawl I’m open to pretty much anywhere in the west coast. I’d like it to be somewhere challenging yet safe as we will be traveling by ourselves. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Yes, my daughter and her friends chose the Jeep over a limo to take to prom. 🙂

Attachments

• 0AA7DAF9-C549-4344-8245-295CFF46FC7D.jpeg
    0AA7DAF9-C549-4344-8245-295CFF46FC7D.jpeg
    256.5 KB · Views: 41

jeeeep

Hooked
I took my daughter to Moab, lots of easy trails with enough challenge for someone learning.

Also, there seem to be several members that are willing to join for a day trip so you're not out wheeling alone, never know what could happen

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I agree with what jeeeep said. Moab is a good in that the trails are close to town and if you insist on going alone, there are always other people nearby, especially on trails like Fins-n-Things or Hells Revenge.

Colorado4x4

I agree with what jeeeep said. Moab is a good in that the trails are close to town and if you insist on going alone, there are always other people nearby, especially on trails like Fins-n-Things or Hells Revenge.
It only makes sense to me, especially if he hasn’t wheeled there. The town is cool, it will be a scenic drive, tons of trails to choose from and good lodging. I say Moab!

sroth2k

We did Fins-n-Things last summer. We ate breakfast around 7.00 and made it back to town for lunch. A good beginner run with a couple intermediate spots. Well maintained and easy to follow. And has postcard quality scenery. I highly recommend it to start getting the juices flowing.

GP NOIR

Hooked
I suggest looking into Lavender Canyon in Canyon Lands, Utah. You must have a permit from the National Park Service for single day use. The road follows a canyon bottom where deep sand, deep water, and quicksand are common. There are two major creek crossings with steep banks. I drove it in a stock 80s Suburban without a problem. You may see many arches and Anasazi archeological sites from the road. No vehicle camping inside the park.

Not many people know about Lavender Canyon and the NPS limit the number of available permits, so call ahead & make reservations. It's amazing.

nmwranglerx

Caught the Bug
I agree with the Moab choice. If you're going to make it out west, it's one of the best places to wheel due to the variety of trail difficulty levels and amazing scenery. One thing to keep in mind though is summers can be brutally hot. For cooler temps and no less spectacular scenery, I'd check out the Ouray/Silverton area.

Brute

Hooked
I live in North Idaho. I want to go on a Father / Daughter Jeep trip. My daughter is 16 and loves jeeps. I want to teach her how to rock crawl I’m open to pretty much anywhere in the west coast. I’d like it to be somewhere challenging yet safe as we will be traveling by ourselves. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Yes, my daughter and her friends chose the Jeep over a limo to take to prom. 🙂
That’s awesome…

Top Bottom