Alternative to using Mopar +4

cvsnowboarder

I want to change my transfer case fluid . Is it imperative that I use Mopar +4 ? If not, what are some other compatible fluids that can be interchanged ? Thanks

kevman65

Hooked
This is just a guess on my part, but with the "+4" it is probably ATF +4 or Automatic Transmission Fluid +4.

So, with that said, a good quality synthetic ATF +4 brand should work. But from what I saw on a quick search, MOPAR is actually cheaper.

cvsnowboarder

I have a 2018 JL Wrangler Unlimited .
I bought the Transfer case oil below : is it the right one?

Valvoline Multi-Vehicle Transfer Case Fluid is a fully synthetic offering that meets the performance needs for transfer cases calling for Ford xl-12, GM auto TRAK II, as well as transfer cases requiring ATF fluids (dex/Merc, ATF +4, etc).

Features & details​

• Recommended for use in most Ford, GM and FCA (Dodge, Jeep) models
  • Formulated to help prevent gear wear and protect against rust and corrosion
  • Formulated to deliver enhanced protection against deposits
  • Helps provide better protection during extreme operating conditions

Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King
I have a 2018 JL Wrangler Unlimited .
I bought the Transfer case oil below : is it the right one?

Valvoline Multi-Vehicle Transfer Case Fluid is a fully synthetic offering that meets the performance needs for transfer cases calling for Ford xl-12, GM auto TRAK II, as well as transfer cases requiring ATF fluids (dex/Merc, ATF +4, etc).

Features & details​

Wasn't this answered in your other thread?

cvsnowboarder

Hi everyone , I believe I may have put the wrong fluid in my 2018 Jeep wrangler JL transfer case. I put the Valvoline Multi vehicle transfer case fluid below. Will it be okay or should I drain it out ?

Valvoline

Description​

Features & details​

WJCO

Meme King
This is your third thread on this subject and obviously can't find what you're looking for. You should contact Valvoline about this concern.

cvsnowboarder

I just purchased a 2018 JL Sahara, my first Jeep ever . I just joined this site about a week ago. If I can’t get a straight answer to my question from this site, I’m not sure where to turn. I didn’t think my question was way off base to a bunch of Jeep aficionados . What appealed to me most about wanting to join was that I enjoyed Eddie’s DIY videos on YT . He really explains things in great detail and they’re very professional. He gave me the knowledge and confidence I needed to attempt a few DIY’s myself . I wasn’t expecting negativity because of my numerous posts that went mostly unanswered.

WJCO

Meme King
I just purchased a 2018 JL Sahara, my first Jeep ever . I just joined this site about a week ago. If I can’t get a straight answer to my question from this site, I’m not sure where to turn. I didn’t think my question was way off base to a bunch of Jeep aficionados . What appealed to me most about wanting to join was that I enjoyed Eddie’s DIY videos on YT . He really explains things in great detail and they’re very professional. He gave me the knowledge and confidence I needed to attempt a few DIY’s myself . I wasn’t expecting negativity because of my numerous posts that went mostly unanswered.
Not sure where you assumed negativity.

In the meantime, I merged your threads together.

If your vehicle calls for ATF+4 fluid and that is what you purchased and installed, why would you drain it and why do you think it's the incorrect fluid?

cvsnowboarder

I felt it could be the incorrect fluid because the bottle doesn’t say MS-9602 . It just says ATF + 4 fluid.
I just want to know with 100 % certainty,that it will be okay and not damage my transfer case. I’m doubting it ,and I don’t want to take a chance.

jeeeep

Hooked
I felt it could be the incorrect fluid because the bottle doesn’t say MS-9602 . It just says ATF + 4 fluid.
I just want to know with 100 % certainty,that it will be okay and not damage my transfer case. I’m doubting it ,and I don’t want to take a chance.
if it states FCA ATF+4 on the label you are ok to use it, I understand your concern with it not stating MS-9602 but manufacturers meet that standard if they state FCA ATF+4.

All manufactures will list compatible fluids on their websites, I defer to them when I cannot find the exact fluid I am seeking.

No need to create complete new posts for each question when it's the same subject matter (y)

Top Bottom