Took out my gas tank and gave it to a buddy for his 1 ton swap on his jk. Took out the old sway bar and put in an antirock. The old sway bar wouldn't fit on the Dana 70 and the old gas tank was going to interfere with the new axle.
I decided to go a different route with the swap. I have a set of super duty axles that I'm putting in. I went ahead and replaced the rear frame rails with the motobilt back half kit and comp cut the rear. It's time to pull the engine and do the front half kit and then put in the atlas that arrived a few days ago. Putting in some new seats that can have 5 point harnesses
I pulled the transfer case and transmission. I have the motobilt 4 link kit and test fit it up. It needs a little trimming then I can weld it to the frame. Pulled the engine to be able to do the front half frame kit. I'll rebuild the engine while it's out. I'll take the block to the machine shop to get hot tanked and magna fluxed. The cylinder walls still have the factory honing marks with 120,000 miles. Still deciding what to do to it.
I torn the engine down to the block. One of the bolts holding the oil pan skid plate seized and one of the engine mount bolts was cross threaded. I put in a helicoil in the cross threaded hole. The seized bolt, I cut out the shank of the bolt with an end mill and pulled the thread out.
Took the flywheel in to get resurfaced and the head to get check out. I got them back, the head checked out fine. I have to go out to sea for a couple months and when I get back I should be able to take the block into the machine shop to get baked and magnafluxed, new cam bearing and some honing.