TJ Axles ?

JT@623

Hooked
Just curious looking at upgrading the axles on the TJ what are your thoughts on the Currie high pinion 60 rear ? ESG has a standard 60 but the lead times are crazy long and shipping is ridiculous to AZ . Plan is to do the rear first then later in the year swap the front . Jeep still has the stock 4.0 so no crazy horse power sits on 35’s no need to go bigger .

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
If you're only going to be running 35's, I would save your money and keep the Dana 44 if that's what your TJ has now. If not, look for a junk yard one or, if you're willing to do some cutting and welding, consider a Ford 9"

JT@623

Hooked
It’s got the 44 front and rear smart money would be to just rebuild and upgrade internals I suppose. Problem is I’m getting lazy in my old age and a bolt in would be easier 🤣

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
It’s got the 44 front and rear smart money would be to just rebuild and upgrade internals I suppose. Problem is I’m getting lazy in my old age and a bolt in would be easier 🤣
With 35's, the rear end will be fine. Deal with it IF or when something goes wrong. The front, it would be smart to change the shafts to chromoly with full circle clips IF you plan on locking up and wheeling it hard.

JT@623

Hooked
I’ll have to see if I can find a shop. I may just take a little vacation and go see Jeremy at Disciple then go play when he’s done. The rear had a good bit of fuzz on the magnet last oil Change just trying to be proactive and not bust out in BFE

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I’ll have to see if I can find a shop. I may just take a little vacation and go see Jeremy at Disciple then go play when he’s done. The rear had a good bit of fuzz on the magnet last oil Change just trying to be proactive and not bust out in BFE
Fuzz is normal and nothing to worry about. Chunks or bits of stuff is not normal and that would be the time to start worrying. That said, your little vacation idea sounds like a good one :)

Dzldust

Somebody mentioned earlier about upgrading internals if your gonna wheel hard, not sure anybody has mentioned how prone these axle housing are to bending with hard use but they do , basically a Dana 30 with a hybrid 44 center section, same C’s, knuckles and tube thickness as the 30

Copper Head

Hi Just wondering if anyone knows the history behind this bumper ? LJ at dream catcher RV park_LI.jpg It has a Jeep cutout on the driver's side, was this a stock bumper that Jeep made in the early 2000s? it came on the Jeep when we bought the Jeep in 2021
Thanks
Kurt
. LJ at dream catcher RV park_LI.jpg

Top Bottom