Time for a buff and wax!

BlacknRedJK

I have done some digging around and haven't been able to find anything in regards to preferred brands for buffing compound and wax. A tight trail left some nice pinstripes and of course the jeep is black.

What products would you recommend to try and buff these out?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Napalm

Every time after a trail run, I use a Mequires clay bar kit and then follow up with a Turtle Wax wax. It does a pretty good job of getting rid of most pin stripes in my opinion.

Never tried using a buffer.

BlacknRedJK

Every time after a trail run, I use a Mequires clay bar kit and then follow up with a Turtle Wax wax. It does a pretty good job of getting rid of most pin stripes in my opinion.

Never tried using a buffer.

I have used a buffer several times on our boat; however, fiberglass is a little different. Is there a learning curve to using a clay bar or is it fairly easy to do?

Napalm

I have used a buffer several times on our boat; however, fiberglass is a little different. Is there a learning curve to using a clay bar or is it fairly easy to do?

It's very simple. Spray on the quick detailer, rub the clay, wipe dry with a microfiber cloth. Everything comes in the kit sold at auto parts stores.

I don't think it does anything for the pin stripes, but it does remove crap from your paint and makes me feel better. [emoji12]

srosario

griot's is so far the simplest, with outstanding results advance and autozone have the products, 6" orbital and every other item. easy instruction online. here my friends black jk, after griots garage products and some extra. IMG_1478458177.935999.jpg

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
griot's is so far the simplest, with outstanding results advance and autozone have the products, 6" orbital and every other item. easy instruction online. here my friends black jk, after griots garage products and some extra. View attachment 229742

They always get you with dem extras...
:cheesy:

I use "pro products", clay, then "clear cut" with a random orbital buffer to get the pen stripes out, and "polymer II" with the buffer again to seal the paint. Been using it for years because of how nice it made my black vehicles come out in the past. Just my $0.02. Not available in big brand stores, so I order online being that there is no distributer close by.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using WAYALIFE mobile app

RubiJay

I would highly recommend Adam's products. I use them exclusively on my other weekend vehicle, and they're fantastic. Their clay bar is easy to use, and their polishing compound can be applied by hand with their application pads. If the pinstripes are pretty deep, the polishing compound should get them out, but if not, the clay bar is always good at getting contaminants out of the paint. They also have really awesome YouTube videos showing you how to use their products. I don't think they sell in stores, so you'd have to order online, but they normally have 15% off coupons going around.

Electric8Willy

Auto Geeks

Autogeeks has a really good line up of products to take care of cars along with instructional videos on how to use cleaners, wax, sponges, detailing, Hard Vinyl Fender, Plastic Headlight care etc...

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
As others have suggested, Adams would be my go to if I had more patience to actually detail my jeep. I have many friends that use their products however and swear by them.

BlacknRedJK

Thanks for the input. Being that I'm at school and don't have access to a random orbital buffer here I will see if the Adams products work well enough by hand. Hopefully I can get the majority of them out without having to go to a body shop...

RubiJay

Thanks for the input. Being that I'm at school and don't have access to a random orbital buffer here I will see if the Adams products work well enough by hand. Hopefully I can get the majority of them out without having to go to a body shop...

I've hand polished my other vehicle with Adam's products, and I can tell you that it's definitely doable, but you should allot yourself a lot of time and possibly get a partner if you can, because it does take a good amount of polishing to get even swirly marks off of paint, in my experience. Otherwise, if you have a Harbor Freight or Northern Tool near you, you can probably get a orbital polisher for pretty cheap. Just my :twocents:

Pursesnatcher

Adam's Polishes: Strip Wash, then Wash & Wax. Armor All all the rubber/plastic parts. That's it...it's a daily driver, trail-driven Jeep.
[/url]

I second Adam's Polishes they're out of Colorado - great quality stuff.

Also, Chemical Guys is great! They have a kick ass YouTube channel as well that has some great step by step stuff and really in-depth detailing information. I just placed an order for their foam canonkit, a degreaser and the clay bar kit. I've heard nothing but good things.

If you don't feel like ordering anything, Griot's will be the highest quality you can get from Auto Zone. Cheers!

BlacknRedJK

I've hand polished my other vehicle with Adam's products, and I can tell you that it's definitely doable, but you should allot yourself a lot of time and possibly get a partner if you can, because it does take a good amount of polishing to get even swirly marks off of paint, in my experience. Otherwise, if you have a Harbor Freight or Northern Tool near you, you can probably get a orbital polisher for pretty cheap. Just my :twocents:

I second Adam's Polishes they're out of Colorado - great quality stuff.

Also, Chemical Guys is great! They have a kick ass YouTube channel as well that has some great step by step stuff and really in-depth detailing information. I just placed an order for their foam canonkit, a degreaser and the clay bar kit. I've heard nothing but good things.

If you don't feel like ordering anything, Griot's will be the highest quality you can get from Auto Zone. Cheers!

Thank you all for the help. Decided to bite the bullet and order the paint correction kit with their porter cable orbital buffer. Since they are out of Denver I am hoping to have the products here later this week and will post up some before and after photos. For $250, I figured I wasn't going to beat the price for everything they include. :thumb:

Andy5160

Hooked
Autogeeks has a really good line up of products to take care of cars along with instructional videos on how to use cleaners, wax, sponges, detailing, Hard Vinyl Fender, Plastic Headlight care etc...

I used many different products on my German cars and it works!!!!!!!!! Highly recommended

Heavyhaul07

I've been using mothers products for years. My old detailer that use to do my rides for me in socal that's all he uses. Well probably because he travels with mothers to most of the automotive auctions with the mothers semi to detail for the big auctions.

Quick tip for the people that use clay bars when hand washing the vehicle wash with soap the. Run the clay bar over the area that u just washed the. Rinse off with water. No need to use expensive detail spray when claying.

BlacknRedJK

Products showed up today! Talk about crazy fast service. Granted I am in Grand Junction and Adams is based in Denver, but I am still impressed. Everything was packaged extremely well and the box had mints, a postcard, and sticker right on top. Very nice to see another company who truly cares about their customers!

IMG_1478644135.734491.jpg
IMG_1478644146.798295.jpg

I will snap some photos of the progress. Headed out to get this jeep looking fresh off the showroom floor again!

RubiJay

Products showed up today! Talk about crazy fast service. Granted I am in Grand Junction and Adams is based in Denver, but I am still impressed. Everything was packaged extremely well and the box had mints, a postcard, and sticker right on top. Very nice to see another company who truly cares about their customers!

View attachment 230132
View attachment 230133

I will snap some photos of the progress. Headed out to get this jeep looking fresh off the showroom floor again!

Looks great! Enjoy! I'd highly recommend watching a couple of their videos before starting as well!

Top Bottom