The SCOURGE of Off-Roading - This is Why Land and Trails Get Closed

CalSgt

Hooked
Yeah, looking into trail cams now. Not sure what it'll ultimately do for me but I'd like to know.

What's really lame is that the first 2 guys I had to deal with, both were young and I haven't seen them since. In fact, things were great up until last week and I hadn't really been seeing anyone for a long time or at least, just on holiday weekends. Now, that these old fucks showed up, they've coming by daily, in a big group and to purposefully ride right along my fence line. It's like, they just caught wind of the road block and now want to make it known that they're giving me a big fuck you.
This is going to sound like some hippie kumbaya BS but I'll say it anyways.

Next time they ride by meet them at the fence & offer them a cold beer, BS them for a bit then ask them to quit tearing shit up. Show them a map & how they can get where they want to go without destroying the hillside.

Yeah, looking into trail cams now. Not sure what it'll ultimately do for me but I'd like to know.

What's really lame is that the first 2 guys I had to deal with, both were young and I haven't seen them since. In fact, things were great up until last week and I hadn't really been seeing anyone for a long time or at least, just on holiday weekends. Now, that these old fucks showed up, they've coming by daily, in a big group and to purposefully ride right along my fence line. It's like, they just caught wind of the road block and now want to make it known that they're giving me a big fuck you.

My niece’s husband has a fair number of these on their property and they produce great photos. Not sure how they work, like, if they transmit every day if there’s new pics or if you have to poll them. Anyway, they seem be a good deal.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
This is going to sound like some hippie kumbaya BS but I'll say it anyways.

Next time they ride by meet them at the fence & offer them a cold beer, BS them for a bit then ask them to quit tearing shit up. Show them a map & how they can get where they want to go without destroying the hillside.
LOL - nah, not hippie kumbaya BS. I've thought about it. The fence is quite a hike though, all up hill and it'd take quite some time for me to get there. When I took these last set of pics, they had ridden across and over the hill in just a few minutes.

As far as getting to where they want to go goes, trust me, they know how - it's called the road. This is how most people get to the bar, even in side by sides. Hell, there's even an old dirt road that parallels it - what used to be the old highway.

CalSgt

Hooked
My niece’s husband has a fair number of these on their property and they produce great photos. Not sure how they work, like, if they transmit every day if there’s new pics or if you have to poll them. Anyway, they seem be a good deal.

We got several of those at work for "hunting." The cellular ones are the only way to go, at least if they get stolen or destroyed they transmit the photos of who did it.

Brute

Hooked
LOL - nah, not hippie kumbaya BS. I've thought about it. The fence is quite a hike though, all up hill and it'd take quite some time for me to get there. When I took these last set of pics, they had ridden across and over the hill in just a few minutes.

As far as getting to where they want to go goes, trust me, they know how - it's called the road. This is how most people get to the bar, even in side by sides. Hell, there's even an old dirt road that parallels it - what used to be the old highway.
Maybe you need a side by side…

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

We got several of those at work for "hunting." The cellular ones are the only way to go, at least if they get stolen or destroyed they transmit the photos of who did it.
Thanks for the recommendation. I'll give it a look. Also, happy to hear you're happy with the cell service ones. I wasn't sure if they were worth it.

CalSgt

Hooked

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Holy hell, that thing is like 6x the price of others I've been looking at :oops:

But, thanks for letting me know.

GP NOIR

Hooked
The irony is, if these guys came on you while you were broke down or stuck, they’d stop and pitch in. You’d do the same if you found them in need of help.

It’s possible they think you’re some city slicker who hates off-roaders. Yes, it’s ignorance on their part of true.

A good solution might be to reach out to the local club and see if a meeting can be arranged to work out a solution. Let them know you support the community, that you just want folks to Tread Lightly and not have more trails closed due to abuse.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The irony is, if these guys came on you while you were broke down or stuck, they’d stop and pitch in. You’d do the same if you found them in need of help.

It’s possible they think you’re some city slicker who hates off-roaders. Yes, it’s ignorance on their part of true.

A good solution might be to reach out to the local club and see if a meeting can be arranged to work out a solution. Let them know you support the community, that you just want folks to Tread Lightly and not have more trails closed due to abuse.
Do people really still do clubs? LOL

After my first experience dealing with these side by side types, I don't get the opinion that they're the reasonable types but... I have a feeling I'll be bumping into them somewhere and if and when that time comes, I'll "try" talking to them. But, I won't be holding my breath.

biosyn

Caught the Bug
Do people really still do clubs? LOL

After my first experience dealing with these side by side types, I don't get the opinion that they're the reasonable types but... I have a feeling I'll be bumping into them somewhere and if and when that time comes, I'll "try" talking to them. But, I won't be holding my breath.
Well since the thread is resurrected now, did you ever run into these dudes again?

woof359

time well tell if the Tiribe we be of any help, but have faith and go meet the new neighbors, they might be new friends

Top Bottom