The Build and Adventures of Bear-claw

Ddays

Hooked
Get 0 deductible glass coverage if you can. The monthly payment is usually really cheap.
^^ Yes
Having one Jeep is bad enough with replacements. Having 2 this is worth it. Esp when you have to replace 2 within weeks of each other :mad:

Jsouder53

Hooked
Get 0 deductible glass coverage if you can. The monthly payment is usually really cheap.
^^ Yes
Having one Jeep is bad enough with replacements. Having 2 this is worth it. Esp when you have to replace 2 within weeks of each other :mad:
I was able to get a higher comprehensive coverage with a $50 deductible for glass luckily.
Awesome man!...enjoy your new truck...
Congrats on the new Gladiator! Looks like a nice drive besides the fire.
thank you!!

Jsouder53

Hooked
Went to go change the oil for the first time today and found out the hard way that someone over torqued the drain plug bolt… now before I take this plug out, I need to go get a new one 🤬 it still didn’t budge. I had to watch Eddie’s video to make sure that it’s not reversed threaded, that’s how tight this thing is in there…

Attachments

• IMG_4089.jpeg
    IMG_4089.jpeg
    116.3 KB · Views: 9
Went to go change the oil for the first time today and found out the hard way that someone over torqued the drain plug bolt… now before I take this plug out, I need to go get a new one 🤬 it still didn’t budge. I had to watch Eddie’s video to make sure that it’s not reversed threaded, that’s how tight this thing is in there…
Oh man that sucks!!! But at least it’s a lot easier to get a bolt out/replace than replacing an oil pan haha always a silver lining!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Damn, that sucks. If you haven't done so already, try driving around and heat up the oil. That might help a bit and then, use a breaker bar with a 6 point socket. I bet you'll be able to get it out with that.

Jsouder53

Hooked
Damn, that sucks. If you haven't done so already, try driving around and heat up the oil. That might help a bit and then, use a breaker bar with a 6 point socket. I bet you'll be able to get it out with that.
Thanks for that pointer! I’ll have to give that a try, it’s been sitting for a day or two.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for that pointer! I’ll have to give that a try, it’s been sitting for a day or two.
Definitely get it warmed up. There's a rubber like gasket between the bolt head and pan that will stick pretty good when cold.

Jsouder53

Hooked
Definitely get it warmed up. There's a rubber like gasket between the bolt head and pan that will stick pretty good when cold.
I would have never thought that could’ve been the issue. Thank you for the heads up on this. It’s been cold and rainy today, so if that is the case it’s probably even stiffer.

Jsouder53

Hooked
I’m looking to get snow tires in the next couple of weeks, is it possible to squeeze 35 inch tires under a rubicon without a lift? The lift might come in the spring, we will see.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I’m looking to get snow tires in the next couple of weeks, is it possible to squeeze 35 inch tires under a rubicon without a lift? The lift might come in the spring, we will see.
On a JL, for sure. On a JK, you will have some rubbing when flexing and at a full turn but you can otherwise get by around town with them.

Top Bottom