The BEST Internet Expert Advice I've Been Given

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Okay, here's one that I got from an Aom Swift. Apparently, he thinks that a Hi-Lift would work in the mud or snow. LOL

Aom Swift.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Here's one that I got from a Dj Radical. Apparently, a jack that works like a Hi-Lift but made by ARB is better than both a Hi-Lift and bottle jack. 🤪

Dj Radical.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
LOL - here's one that I just got from a Not John Wick. Apparently, walking around a Hi-Lift in the full upright position is dangerous and I need to watch some moron's video to know as much.

Not John Wick.jpg

CalSgt

Hooked
LOL - here's one that I just got from a Not John Wick. Apparently, walking around a Hi-Lift in the full upright position is dangerous and I need to watch some moron's video to know as much.

View attachment 367437
You seem to run a high lift better and safer than almost anyone I've seen on the trail

LOL... When I was about 12 I watched one of older cousins get his head clapped between a hi lift handle and the jack body a few times before he was able to fall out of the way. I realize as an adult that we were at the ranch and there were no less than three other options available to jack his moms van up but he was lazy and grabbed the farm jack out of grandpas truck because it was parked right there.

Hi Lift jacks have always scared the shit out of me ever since, I'm sure you have probably seen some hi lift casualties in your time.

jesse3638

Hooked
You seem to run a high lift better and safer than almost anyone I've seen on the trail

LOL... When I was about 12 I watched one of older cousins get his head clapped between a hi lift handle and the jack body a few times before he was able to fall out of the way. I realize as an adult that we were at the ranch and there were no less than three other options available to jack his moms van up but he was lazy and grabbed the farm jack out of grandpas truck because it was parked right there.

Hi Lift jacks have always scared the shit out of me ever since, I'm sure you have probably seen some hi lift casualties in your time.
What about the old bumper Jack's that used to come with cars before it was replaced by the scissor jack? My mom's old Chevet had one and she knew how to use it and use it properly. She also explained just how dangerous they were.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

Well, I really do appreciate you saying as much. Like any power tool or even firearm, I'm genuinely afraid of Hi-Lifts and like to think that I treat them with the same respect.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I have a buddy that used a high lift in the mud and he couldn't keep the handle dry because of the mud. His hand slipped off while using it and it split his chin bad enough that he needed several stitches.
Yikes! I can totally see that happening.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Here's one that I just got from an Esteban de las montanas. Apparently, he thinks that the ground you're on and clearance of your vehicle would make a difference in how effective a Hi-Lift would be for changing out a flat.

Esteban de las montanas.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
LOL - Never saw this one coming. Here's one from a guy named Zurkun who apparently missed the part where I say the exact same thing only seconds later and question why you should bother.

Zurkun.jpg

Leho

I had to watch this video because I had not seen it. First of all, and I hope I have your name right as I am new to wayalife, that is one incredibly bad ass Jeep Eddie. As for the video, great info! One thing you did not mention in the video was how can I convince my wife I need a new back bumper. Lol.

Top Bottom