The BEST Internet Expert Advice I've Been Given

tallguy26

Caught the Bug
I have used more your videos for info on what to do to my jeep more than I can count. Getting ready to rewire my cb because I was watching your video on the cb bar and I never thought to run the power cable through it.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
LOL - just got this one from a dufonrafal and he just wanted to tell me how bad it is to use LED bulbs. Of course, I went to his channel and would you believe it? He had videos of the aftermarket replacement lights he installed. You know, because what he chose to do is the only thing you should do. :rolleyes:

dufonrafal.png

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
LOL - after years of nobody saying anything about me not using my lift to make videos, this one from a Thomas Smith is the second I got in just a couple of weeks.

Thomas Smith.png

I mean, WTF? It's a fuckin video to help show people how to do shit. Just because I don't show me using my lift on the video does NOT mean I don't use it every other time.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Not sure who's been spreading the red loctite nonsense but I get comments like this one from Dan S a lot, and I mean... A LOT!

Dan S.png

I don't know what everyone is doing wrong but to this day, I have NEVER EVER had an issue with red loctite on nuts or bolts. What I have seen is tons of failures due to people NOT using red when they should be.

Last edited:

kevman65

Hooked
Not sure who's been spreading the red loctite nonsense but I get comments like this one from Dan S a lot, and I mean... A LOT!

View attachment 379940

I don't know what everyone is doing wrong but to this day, I have NEVER EVER had an issue with red loctite on nuts or bolts. What I have seen is tons of failures due to people NOT using red when they should be.
I think it boils down to that people who don't use thread locker or anti-seize in their day to day work life apply TOO MUCH of either when they use it.

Or more simple, lack of common sense.....

View attachment 379940

Probably the same guy who also puts Vaseline on bolts.......(Ok for reference, I have seen this.....or maybe it's just a California thing :unsure:)

tallguy26

Caught the Bug
Probably the same guy who also puts Vaseline on bolts.......(Ok for reference, I have seen this.....or maybe it's just a California thing :unsure:)
I've had to use Vaseline inside my socket to hold a bolt when working a piece of equipment but that's about it. Ducktape balls work as well.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I think it boils down to that people who don't use thread locker or anti-seize in their day to day work life apply TOO MUCH of either when they use it.

Or more simple, lack of common sense.....
I tend to think it's the later.

TrailHunter

Hooked

View attachment 379940

I used the Red Loctite Just like you said....
glue 2.jpg

Spazbyt

Hooked
Fun Loctite facts. The Loctite bottle cost more then then Loctite it self because Loctite is anaerobic so the bottle must keep the liquid in but still allow oxygen to pass through it. The bottles are always sticky because small amounts of the loctite do escape and Loctite contains 2% saccharine (assentionaly Sweet and Low).

BCwillys

Fun Loctite facts. The Loctite bottle cost more then then Loctite it self because Loctite is anaerobic so the bottle must keep the liquid in but still allow oxygen to pass through it. The bottles are always sticky because small amounts of the loctite do escape and Loctite contains 2% saccharine (assentionaly Sweet and Low).
Thats neat, I knew it requires the absence of air to cure but never thought about it requiring a special bottle. Sweet and low explains it's sweet taste tho lol

That may explain why my genius dog went after a paper towel I’d used to wipe up the blue I spilt the night before. Stupid dog.

JimLee

Hooked
Well, to give some of them credit, they don't realize if you fill ALL the threads with thread locker and then torque the bolt down, the heat bakes that crap in and it almost becomes filler metal.
Two threads of coverage is what we use on our aircraft, bolts come out when you want and not when you don't want. I use this amount for my Jeep work and it holds torque yet is still manageable to remove.

Brute

Hooked
LOL - after years of nobody saying anything about me not using my lift to make videos, this one from a Thomas Smith is the second I got in just a couple of weeks.

View attachment 379819

I mean, WTF? It's a fuckin video to help show people how to do shit. Just because I don't show me using my lift on the video does NOT mean I don't use it every other time.
Got this one from a DrMarsh. Apparently, he was so eager to tell me why his Hi-Lift is better than a bottle jack that he missed the whole point of our video. LOL

View attachment 379908

View attachment 379940

Please only use your HighLift for all future install videos while showing your lift in the background and a large tub of vasoline prominently…

Top Bottom