The BEST Internet Expert Advice I've Been Given

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
LOL - here's a couple of brilliant ones from a guy named Kur Norock. I honestly don't know if dumbasses like this even watch the video before posting or if they just get triggered by the title and blather away with their brilliance. My favorite of this one is that he thinks it's better to Hi-Lift from the "tire" (yes, I know he meant wheel) and then placing the axle on a jack stand than to just use a bottle jack.

Kur Norock.jpg

LOL - after posting up our last video, I knew there would be a few people to give me grief about stalling and here's just one of them from a guy named R3silliente. You know, because burning out a clutch is somehow better to do.
View attachment 373453
I find it hilarious that noobs to your channel stop by to offer you advice. They probably have a fraction of experience than you yet they gotta get their two cents in. Lmao

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I find it hilarious that noobs to your channel stop by to offer you advice. They probably have a fraction of experience than you yet they gotta get their two cents in. Lmao
LOL - there's always an internet expert out there who's dying to let the world know, just how smart they are. I've had other people chime in to suggest that I needed a centerforce clutch to stop the stalling too. Not a single one has said anything about maybe, just maybe how a 4:1 transfer case might make a difference. Too funny.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
When I sold my TJ, it was 10 years old and had over 150,000 miles on it and I might add, still had it's original clutch. By the time we did our motor swap on Moby, he had over 110,000 miles on him and again, he was still running his original clutch. How is that possible? Because I'd rather be uncool and stall than burn one out. Apparently, guys like Tony Rockwell would rather look cool.

Tony Rockwell.jpg

JT@623

Hooked
When I sold my TJ, it was 10 years old and had over 150,000 miles on it and I might add, still had it's original clutch. By the time we did our motor swap on Moby, he had over 110,000 miles on him and again, he was still running his original clutch. How is that possible? Because I'd rather be uncool and stall than burn one out. Apparently, guys like Tony Rockwell would rather look cool.

View attachment 373510
Maybe you should’ve let Cindy drive 🤣

GP NOIR

Hooked
Today, we were out in the 5 Mile Pass OHV Recreational Area. My friend used to ride ATVs there years ago. It was only the second time for me. We stumbled on an obstacle called “Wayne’s World” where a white Toyota Forerunner with a manual was trying to get through. Every time he started getting crossed up or couldn’t make forward progress, he kept pushing in the clutch and roll backwards out of control for a few feet before he could get on the brakes.

I can’t say much because there was no way I was ready to try Wayne’s World in my Rubicon. I have to give the driver of the Toyota much respect for his determination. But it seemed to me if he’d simply let it stall then restarted the engine with the clutch engaged, there would have been less drama.

Good point about the 4:1 t case. I don’t stall out nearly as often with lower gears.

I’ve driven stick shifts all my life. I find it easier to let the engine stall and restart it with the clutch engaged than to try juggling the handbrake, clutch and throttle to get going again. If stalling isn’t cool, then I’m not cool. But I’d rather be the uncool guy replacing a starter motor than a cool guy replacing a clutch pack.

CalSgt

Hooked
Today, we were out in the 5 Mile Pass OHV Recreational Area. My friend used to ride ATVs there years ago. It was only the second time for me. We stumbled on an obstacle called “Wayne’s World” where a white Toyota Forerunner with a manual was trying to get through. Every time he started getting crossed up or couldn’t make forward progress, he kept pushing in the clutch and roll backwards out of control for a few feet before he could get on the brakes.

I can’t say much because there was no way I was ready to try Wayne’s World in my Rubicon. I have to give the driver of the Toyota much respect for his determination. But it seemed to me if he’d simply let it stall then restarted the engine with the clutch engaged, there would have been less drama.

Good point about the 4:1 t case. I don’t stall out nearly as often with lower gears.

I’ve driven stick shifts all my life. I find it easier to let the engine stall and restart it with the clutch engaged than to try juggling the handbrake, clutch and throttle to get going again. If stalling isn’t cool, then I’m not cool. But I’d rather be the uncool guy replacing a starter motor than a cool guy replacing a clutch pack.
Toyota guys have so much more for options with TC gearing, sounds like he needed a crawl box stacked in there. The toyota guys I wheel with can start their rigs in gear (no clutch) mid obstacle and those things just lug their way yup at an idle... Thats the best internet advice I would have had for him.

DaJudge

LOL - here's a couple of brilliant ones from a guy named Kur Norock. I honestly don't know if dumbasses like this even watch the video before posting or if they just get triggered by the title and blather away with their brilliance. My favorite of this one is that he thinks it's better to Hi-Lift from the "tire" (yes, I know he meant wheel) and then placing the axle on a jack stand than to just use a bottle jack.

View attachment 372700
I smiled when you stalled it, glad I am not the only one that does that! I just can't make myself slip the clutch that much.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I honestly will never understand people who feel the need to church up whatever they choose to buy and then diminish my opinion by suggesting that I get everything for free. Here's one that I got from a Joe O who apparently doesn't understand the concept of selling tires while they're still viable and so that you can use the money to buy a new set.

Joe O.jpg

WJCO

Meme King
LOL - what a surprise, I just got a response from Joe O. Apparently, I'm bragging about selling my tires when they're still of value and using that money to buy something new and that Ridge Grapplers somehow suck after the siping is gone and I need to get over it.

View attachment 373940
This guy sounds like he's a little shy of 'full tread' anyways. Not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

Top Bottom