Synergy Control arm bushing wear.

A.J.

Installed all 8 control arms and track bars a couple years ago when I did my Fusion 60/60 axle swap. Everything has been working fine. Daily drive and wheel a fair amount. Little over 10k per year. Recently the rear lower control arm bushings are getting soft. They don’t clunk or anything and nothing looks torn or cracked but I can feel them moving when driving and if I rock the Jeep back and forth I can see them moving. At first it was only on the frame side which is the adjustable end. It got bad enough I decided to replace with same size Johnny joints. Problem solved... for awhile but now the axle side is doing the same thing. So far it is just the rear lower control arms. Everything else is nice and tight. I can’t say they have failed. Visibly they look fine but it just seems like too much slack or too soft of material. Anyone else experiencing this?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

fiend

Caught the Bug
I had an OG set of synergy arms with clevite bushings. They wore out after about 7-8 years. Last year I replace all the bushings with synergy’s “dual durometer” bushing. I assume that’s what you have. Mine are still in good shape, but it’s only been about a year and maybe 5000 miles, about half of yours. So time will tell. I’m sure the life will depend upon type of use, and you and I both see a lot of trail use. Every bushing wears out eventually, but I’d hope to get more like 50k miles out of a set, as opposed to 10k miles.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Last edited:

A.J.

True they have seen a good amount of trail use in two years and rear lowers to take most of the abuse bouncing up ledges and other obstacles. I like the high clearance bend that Synergy has as well. I don’t know. Trying to decide if I just want to change out the bushings or try something else with JJ’s on both ends.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

A.J.

So follow up to this. I contacted Dave at Synergy and it appears my rear arms were an older version of the Durometer bushings which were de laminating. They are sending me the newer version of the bushings at no charge.
Great customer service! Answered my email on a Sunday morning which is just unheard of. Awesome!

jeeeep

Hooked
So follow up to this. I contacted Dave at Synergy and it appears my rear arms were an older version of the Durometer bushings which were de laminating. They are sending me the newer version of the bushings at no charge.
Great customer service! Answered my email on a Sunday morning which is just unheard of. Awesome!
this is why I like synergy. they provided the same level of service years ago when I bought a tie rod for my JKU (y)

Slimebones

Dave also took care of me with an upgrade on their ball joints. Went thru a couple sets of their older version in a short period of time, and he helped me out on price of their newer adjustable version. The man cares about his products!

Top Bottom