suggestions on armor fenders and fenders.

wiscrawler

whats the general concensus on which fenders or armor fenders to use? looked at fab four, rugged ridge, smittybilt, poison spyder ect and do not know which way to go. i sorta liked the looks of armor fenders but was hesitant because of the drilling you have to do in the tub. any ideas?

WJCO

Meme King
whats the general concensus on which fenders or armor fenders to use? looked at fab four, rugged ridge, smittybilt, poison spyder ect and do not know which way to go. i sorta liked the looks of armor fenders but was hesitant because of the drilling you have to do in the tub. any ideas?
MANY guys here have just trimmed the factory ones. Works, cheap, and you can design it however you'd like:

fiend

Caught the Bug
What is your goal with this mod? If primarily looks, buy the ones that you think look the best. If you expect to hit them on things and want metal, consider Poison Spider or Nemesis with skeletos. If you live in a place with lots of rain and/or where they salt the roads, consider aluminum rather than steel. If you expect to hit them on things and want plastic, consider MCE or just trimming your stock flares.

bmkrinne

Good advice prior ^^^
If for looks alone, I really like poison spider and Genright, but they are expensive. With that said, they work just the same as a cheap China set from Amazon.

wiscrawler

we do a little offroading here in wis. but mainly we take a trip every year to cali utha ect. its my wifes dd so she wants looks and functionality along with durability. thanks for the info i will looks at the poison spyder and others

I run the Nemesis and love the look of them. They’ve taken some hits and have not damaged the sheet metal behind the fender so far. They are also aluminum, so here in Michigan, I won’t have to worry much about stone chips and rust with them.
View attachment 362548 View attachment 362549
Man, such a killer rig. One of my favorites.

As said before, cut 'em. Clean and cheap. That's probably the "general consensus" here lol. If for looks and willing to spend $$$, Nemesis 100%. just my opinion. But what exactly are you trying to achieve? More clearance? Looks? "Protection?"

wjtstudios

Hooked
Man, such a killer rig. One of my favorites.

As said before, cut 'em. Clean and cheap. That's probably the "general consensus" here lol. If for looks and willing to spend $$$, Nemesis 100%. just my opinion. But what exactly are you trying to achieve? More clearance? Looks? "Protection?"
Agreed, it’s all about the end goal. Mine was looks, clearance and a bit of protection.

Seahawkfan

Hooked
What is your goal with this mod? If primarily looks, buy the ones that you think look the best. If you expect to hit them on things and want metal, consider Poison Spider or Nemesis with skeletos. If you live in a place with lots of rain and/or where they salt the roads, consider aluminum rather than steel. If you expect to hit them on things and want plastic, consider MCE or just trimming your stock flares.
Best advice right here. ^^ I will also just come out and say it. NO to FabFour and SmittyBilt! Unless your goal is a transformer.

jeeeep

Hooked
I've got the MCE and have to say the fronts have not withstood the test of time.
I need to redo the front mounts to something more reliable to keep them from sagging.
Texas heat has deformed them but I think they can bounce back - if not I'm putting the stock fenders back on

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Been running the exact same trimmed factory fenders on Moby for 14 years now. Still look great and still holding up great. I've smashed them into trees and rocks and I've even torn one off on an obstacle, immediately drove over it, picked it up and snapped it back on and without ANY body damage. I can't say that I've seen metal fenders do nearly as well.

fiend

Caught the Bug
I've got the MCE and have to say the fronts have not withstood the test of time.
I need to redo the front mounts to something more reliable to keep them from sagging.
Texas heat has deformed them but I think they can bounce back - if not I'm putting the stock fenders back on
They have a little dealio that bolts to the factory fender support that keeps the MCE fronts from sagging or flapping. At leastX mine came with that.

jeeeep

Hooked
They have a little dealio that bolts to the factory fender support that keeps the MCE fronts from sagging or flapping. At leastX mine came with that.
yep, It's got those. One of them fell off on the trail, but they are both still drooping at the outer front portions

Braxtonsag

I have the mce narrows and the only other fender I’d consider is motobilts little tiny crusher fender for better clearance. Other than that I love the MCE and with the recent price slash in half they’re hard to beat

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I have the mce narrows and the only other fender I’d consider is motobilts little tiny crusher fender for better clearance. Other than that I love the MCE and with the recent price slash in half they’re hard to beat
Fuck them. That company is going under that’s why the prices are slashed. They will take your money and hold it for 6 months before shipping your product.

patr1ckm

Have the Bushwacker flat fender flares that I got from 4wheelonline. It was a bit PITA to install but the quality is good, and it looks nice.

MericaMade

After this this past weekend I am sold on the Metalcloaks when I decide to buy a set. Untill then the factory cut fenders are holding up just fine. As for body armor I say EVO or Genright.

Last edited:
Top Bottom