stretch??

noroad

So in the winter I plan to start with a PR44 and I have been toying with the idea of a stretch as well. So if you have a stretch could you post up some info, as well as corners to go with the stretch (was thinking color matched RR's). Also was thinking of using the synergy rear coilover mounting bracket with the evo coilovers?

Thanks

Rhin0247

So in the winter I plan to start with a PR44 and I have been toying with the idea of a stretch as well. So if you have a stretch could you post up some info, as well as corners to go with the stretch (was thinking color matched RR's). Also was thinking of using the synergy rear coilover mounting bracket with the evo coilovers?

Damn it Andrew.... I have been researching this for the last 2 weeks, we are going to end up with identical jeeps in the end, but I won't be color matching

Wethy

I don't have useful info for actually stretching your jk but there's a guy on Instagram @responsiblyreckless that has a stretched 2dr you could get a few ideas looking through his profile there maybe
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1441056933.012749.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1441056958.646227.jpg

Wethy

He didn't stretch his jeep, he bought it that way.

True that's why I said has a stretched 2dr I think he traded his 4dr for it iirc he tags the previous owner sometimes who actually built it though and I think he has a second account with another 2dr he's building. But atleast Noroad might be able to get more ideas :)

SevenSlotSpartan

Hey Noroad! So I've been researching this for a couple months now as well and was actually able to get the parts list for what is on @ResponsiblyReckless's 2 door and believe me its quite long. Myself being a newbie and all does not know how to post pictures so its easy for you guys to see so hopefully I'll get this right! :thumb:

So anyways, here's the list he sent me and I'm pretty sure it covers everything you need to get that awesome stretch on the 2 door! :beer:

668.jpg
667.jpg
669.jpg
670.jpg

SevenSlotSpartan

Ah geeze those pictures are massive! Oh well at least i got them attached so you can see all that goes into the stretch, well at least this particular one!!

Good luck! A stretch gecko will look bad ass if i do say so myself!!

Peak

Here's a pick of a streched color matched gecko. Looks BA if you ask me. No info on stretches but just thought I'd share since your thinking about color matching. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1441073362.065643.jpg

Peak

Bad ass gecko right there Peak! That cage is a work of art! Any idea where I can find that on google? Did you happen to see if the owner shared any details at all?

I came across it on google images, I wish the owner listed specs on the build but sadly none were found. The cage is probably custom I don't think a company makes a lot any where similar yet but like you said it is definitely a work of art!

noroad

Here's a pick of a streched color matched gecko. Looks BA if you ask me. No info on stretches but just thought I'd share since your thinking about color matching. View attachment 162961

DAMN that's the look I want , but I want to put the coilovers under the jeep with the synergy cross bar mount.(don't wana cut tub)
cb.jpg

I just finished a 12" stretch and after wheeling it, it was the best thing I ever did!:thumb:

You can look at my build thread for all the details, http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?22333-Upgrading-to-the-next-level-RDE2ROK

I was in love with yours, mainly the arms but I want to keep stock gas tank.

Thanks guys keep the info coming!

noroad

Hey noroad! Have you checked out Rock Krawler's stretch kits? They come with everything you need to get about a 3-4" stretch, I think 3-4", but anyways the good thing about them is they have an option that allows you to just order the control arms and link components and you can run whatever springs and shocks or coilover set up you like!!

Take a look:

http://www.rockkrawler.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=JKXFLA-UPG-2

Thank you, I think its about 4 or 6 on that stretch. I have been looking at that kit but really want to be about the 8 inch range, as well as a 4 link if possible.

I have been looking at that kit but really want to be about the 8 inch range, as well as a 4 link if possible.

4-Link (actually 5-link) or a triangulated 4? A triangulated 4 will most likely require the gas tank be relocated as pushing the axle back will make a reverse triangulated upper too short and decent geometry will locate the arm's frame mount where the tank currently sits.

noroad

4-Link (actually 5-link) or a triangulated 4? A triangulated 4 will most likely require the gas tank be relocated as pushing the axle back will make a reverse triangulated upper too short and decent geometry will locate the arm's frame mount where the tank currently sits.

sorry yes a five link hahaha

Top Bottom