Starter Replacement

BONDSY

I think I'm going to need to replace my starter, it makes a weird noise right after startup that lasts a second. Has anyone changed out their starter? Pretty basic install?

I think I'm going to need to replace my starter, it makes a weird noise right after startup that lasts a second. Has anyone changed out their starter? Pretty basic install?

It's pretty easy, Tom. I just did mine twice in one day when I did my clutch.

Brankz

Go to your local Oreilys they will test it for free 👍

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
It's an easy replacement. I can't tell you how many times we replaced the one on my boat because of the salt air and water

hydrohut

Hey it's possible you might just have a sticking drive gear on the end of the starter. If yours is a manual it can get clutch dust on it that makes it slow to disengage. Could just need a clean. Maybe...

Top Bottom