Speedy Cracker the 392

AZVAJKU

Hooked
We pick up Speedy Cracker tomorrow and while we have been waiting for it to arrive we have picked up a few items for it. Although my wife rolls her eyes when I say it will remain mostly stock I have decided to do very little to it outside of some small items. (At least for now šŸ˜‰)

Some of the items I have waiting for it at the house:
Tazer Mini w/ extension cable
M.O.R.E Dead Pedal
Weather Tech fitted sunshade
Bullet point phone mount
Hill People Gear seatback MOLLE pouches
392 Hat & t-shirt šŸ˜‚

I need to decide between 300 blk or 556.

I will throw a pack in with extra outdoor clothes, Light hiking shoes, socks, Goretex, fleece, water, and some chow.

In addition Iā€™ll do a small tool kit and some recovery gear.

At some point Iā€™ll pick up a freezer for it and most likely a winch.

AZVAJKU

Hooked
Picked up the 392 today.

There is a pretty regimented break in procedure and being a stickler for this type of thing we drove it around locally on some smaller roads to get the 100 miles on it so we could drive back to VA on the highway tomorrow.

1661053149704.jpeg

1661053182103.jpeg

1661053207009.jpeg

1661053230284.jpeg

As Eddie demonstrated in his video the half doors and such take up a huge amount of room. Luckily we traveled out light and only have two small bags. šŸ˜³

1661053490689.jpeg

1661053514926.jpeg

The magic! I canā€™t help but smile when I push the accelerator! The ā€˜Redneck Buttonā€™ makes it even better!! šŸ‘šŸ»šŸ‡ŗšŸ‡øšŸ‘šŸ»

1661053639056.jpeg

My in-laws asked me what kind of mileage I got. My reply was: ā€œI donā€™t even care!ā€ šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So much awesomeness right there!! And that break in was a serious PIA especially when all you want to do is step on the gas šŸ¤Ŗ

Lol, I can only imagine the amount of adrenaline surging in your system when it hit 99 miles and then... Yeeeehawwww! šŸ˜‚

I was pretty set on the Diesel for my next rig but I don't know... Can't let everyone else have all the fun. Congrats again!

Kuboske

Super, super cool Jeep.
Lots and lots of pictures please.
A video show-and-tell walk-around, drive around, complete with narration would be excellent.

AZVAJKU

Hooked
On the trip from the dealer in TN back to VA we finally hit 300 miles so we could pick up the pace a bit.

1661137413422.jpeg

We stopped at a new Buc-eeā€™s for fuel, both for Speedy and ourselves. Iā€™ve never seen anything like this before, Iā€™m used to shitty little stop & rob gas stations, this place was Free Market Heaven. Plenty of 93 Octane pumps!

1661137629593.jpeg

1661137653402.jpeg

The brisket and egg burritos were pretty darn good, especially for east of the Mississippi.

1661137703291.jpeg

The 392 is really fun to drive. I have been taking it easy as per the break in procedure. Once I hit 300 miles I cruised at 75-85 mph as the traffic allowed. A couple times I had to slow down due to wrecks and retards. While doing 85 on the long hills the Jeep was loafing along, it had plenty more power just waiting to be unleashed. Some feelings were hurt when the ā€˜slow ass Jeepā€™ passed other vehicles on some of the longer climbs. The wife took this pic coasting down a hill in a construction zone. Notice the engine is only using 4cyl.

1661138331348.jpeg

I will get more pics posted up in the next week or so. I am really looking forward to putting the half doors on. To say I am happy with this Jeep would be an understatement. The power and awesome Redneck sound make me smile so hard it hurts.

Our intention is to use this Jeep for road trips. We have the LT1 JKU set up for serious wheeling and the Gladiator is perfect for car camping (overlanding). Honestly this rig will probably never see any hard trails but itā€™s fun as hell to drive, itā€™s like a muscle car but itā€™s a Jeep.

If you are considering getting a 392, I say go for it. You only live once and this is the last of the V8ā€™s!

1661139844688.jpeg

Top Bottom