SoCal - Mother's Day Run 5/8

Irish JK

Caught the Bug
So this year Mom asked to go on her first Jeep trip for Mother's day. Figured some of you may have moms or wives that may want to get for a day or maybe dear old mom is off in another direction and you want to get out wheeling for the day. Depending on the response and group who wants to head out, we will probably determine over the next couple of weeks if we go towards Johnson Valley or Big Bear for the day.

Date: Sunday May 8th

Time: tbd

Requirements: No excuses

Going;
-Irish Jk, Mrs. Irish and Mom
-Tffhell
-OverlanderJk (who will have some excuse as to why he can't drive)

Maybe
-Jesse3638
-KunneyKato
-oyoquem

No's
-10Frank9
-Paychex.308
-SDG (drowning)
-Slavens (he's real sorry)
-Crystaliner
-Drew@OffRoadEvolution (drinking somewhere sometime)
-JeepFan (sorting jeep parts)

Last edited:

jesse3638

Hooked
It's been too long since we've been out. Put me down as a strong maybe please. As long as work doesn't get in the way.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Can you move me to the #neverwheeled list please?

Also include these minimum requirements:

1. When told at the drivers meeting (if we have one) to have your recovery gear behind your rear seat make sure it is in the trunk for shits and giggles.

2. Don't respond on the CB when questions are asked repeatedly.

3. D-rings must be welded on or so tight they can't be removed without a breaker bar.

4. Each obstacle must have a minimum of 6 spotters. However suggestions from 30 people watching are encouraged to be shouted as loudly as possible. This creates confidence in the driver that has wheeled a bunch (1-2 times).

5. A minimum two of those spotters must contradict each other. Bonus if one points forward while the other points backwards.

6. Each spotter must have only wheeled 1-2 times but say they are experienced.

7. Loudest Spotter is the spotter regardless if it his first time out.

8. Must know the difference between the following:
Locked and unlocked.
Driver and passenger.
4hi vs 4 low.

9. Everyone must exit the jeep every 45' and each obstacle and non-obstacle. Let's spread 3 miles over 48 hours.

10. Everyone must try to hit a rock that can be avoided easily for street credit.

11. If spotting do everything thing you can to defy physics and gravity. What's the worst that can happen.

12. Bring only SAE tools. Because there are so many on the jeep.

13. Last thing ignore advice from anyone with experience.

14. Don't tighten deeznuts.

Slavens

Caught the Bug

1. When told at the drivers meeting (if we have one) to have your recovery gear behind your rear seat make sure it is in the trunk for shits and giggles.

3. D-rings must be welded on or so tight they can't be removed without a breaker bar.

4. Each obstacle must have a minimum of 6 spotters. However suggestions from 30 people watching are encouraged to be shouted as loudly as possible. This creates confidence in the driver that has wheeled a bunch (1-2 times).

5. A minimum two of those spotters must contradict each other. Bonus if one points forward while the other points backwards.

Locked and unlocked.
Driver and passenger.
4hi vs 4 low.

9. Everyone must exit the jeep every 45' and each obstacle and non-obstacle. Let's spread 3 miles over 48 hours.

10. Everyone must try to hit a rock that can be avoided easily for street credit.

11. If spotting do everything thing you can to defy physics and gravity. What's the worst that can happen.

I feel like you're talking about me?? Are you talking about me Frank??...haha!

jesse3638

Hooked

Locked and unlocked.
Driver and passenger.
4hi vs 4 low.

No one said to describe yourself...haha. Too bad you're not going you'd fit all these criteria. Also number 10 has gotten me before when your talking and not paying attention. Then your front diff gets hung up and you need a spotter to figure out what you just hit and then delay the whole group. It is good I have no CB...haha.

Irish JK

Caught the Bug
List has been updated.

I'm in for either one.. JV or BB

Cool.

It's been too long since we've been out. Put me down as a strong maybe please. As long as work doesn't get in the way.

Strong maybe it is.

would love to go but time will tell maybe

Hopefully we will see you out there.

Big Bear for a nice Mothers Day lunch and a few beers... Sure why not!

Where is my icon for actually surprised face....

Count me in.......

Got you added.

You don't know it but you are already on the little know double secret probation #neverwheeled list.

Please put me in as a maybe

Let us know.

JAGS

Hooked
Already have prior commitments, but hopefully can catch you guys sooner rather than later.

Have a great day with the moms and wives. :yup::thumb:

Irish JK

Caught the Bug
With the weather looking pretty good up near Johnson Valley, (mid 70's) we are going to head that way for mother's day before summer hits and it gets hot. Once we have an idea of who's going we will firm up the trails for the day.

ChaosNein

Is there a Restaurant/Bar in Johnson Valley that I am not aware of? Where am I supposed to get my Mothers Day Bunch #mimosas

Top Bottom