Slim Fenders That Don't Require Cutting?

TerraJL

Does anyone make any aftermarket slim fenders that mount to the existing body fender mounting points and don't require cutting? I want to run slim fenders but I don't want to cut off the mounting locations that the stock fenders bolt to.

benatc1

Hooked
Not sure, but the cheapest way out is “trimming” them and figuring out a light solution. Very simple to do cleanly. Also I just bent the existing locations across the top up so that they are out of the way as I didn’t want to cut them either and you definitely can’t see them

TerraJL

Not sure, but the cheapest way out is “trimming” them and figuring out a light solution. Very simple to do cleanly. Also I just bent the existing locations across the top up so that they are out of the way as I didn’t want to cut them either and you definitely can’t see them
I suppose I could trim them. I just wanted to keep my stock fenders unmodified in case I want to return the Jeep to stock. It's definitely an idea for sure.

They do have some pin holes right out of the box. KBD says it’s air bubbles from the molding process.

I decided to sand the flares down a bit by hand with some 80 grit and paint them with 2 or 3 coats of VHT gloss aerosol. Filled the pinholes in nicely and smoothed out the overall surface.

Top Bottom