Shout out to Wayoflife

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
When I found this forum, I didn’t know how to do anything mechanical. I’ve learned a lot from the videos and posts by Eddie, and that has given me the confidence to do more.

Today, I put a new CV axle shaft, ball joints, and sway bar links in my old Camry. Yes, I know it isn’t a Jeep, but I would never have attempted something like that, without this forum. Turning wrenches doesn’t even feel like work, to me. It’s fun. Thanks Eddie & Cindy!

IMG_3349.jpg
IMG_3350.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

wjtstudios

Hooked
Couldn’t agree more! I’ve learned a ton and continue to do so. I’ve met and shared amazing trips with some of the best people in this great country of ours. And none of this would have been possible without Eddie and Cindy, you guys are amazing!

USMC Wrangler

Definitely love this place too! What year Camry? Recently got a 2000 XLE V6 with 116k miles for $1000 as my daughter’s first car. I’ve replaced both axle shafts, all 4 brakes, an oil pan gasket, all four struts (rear uppers are a bitch) and outer TRE’s. Goes for an alignment later this week.

IMG_7047.jpg

IMG_7046.jpg

I’ve tinkered with small and large projects in the past as well as mostly body work (apprenticeship many moons ago), but I’d have to say since buying my Jeep and discovering WAL I definitely have enjoyed more time wrenching. There are times I wish Eddie and Cindy made repair videos for other stuff! I start watching some of those other videos and shut them down due to clear idiocy!

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Definitely love this place too! What year Camry? Recently got a 2000 XLE V6 with 116k miles for $1000 as my daughter’s first car. I’ve replaced both axle shafts, all 4 brakes, an oil pan gasket, all four struts (rear uppers are a bitch) and outer TRE’s. Goes for an alignment later this week.

View attachment 323246

View attachment 323247

I’ve tinkered with small and large projects in the past as well as mostly body work (apprenticeship many moons ago), but I’d have to say since buying my Jeep and discovering WAL I definitely have enjoyed more time wrenching. There are times I wish Eddie and Cindy made repair videos for other stuff! I start watching some of those other videos and shut them down due to clear idiocy!

2010. Those are low miles for a 2000 model. My sister-in-law put 450,000 on one like that.

DMF

Same boat also. I didn’t even own a socket set before I joined this forum. I’ve now done everything myself minus the gears and lockers and also all the maintenance on my wife’s Camry too.

jdofmemi

I too feel fortunate to have found Wayalife and made it my Jeep family.

While not new to wrenching on things, I constantly learn new tips on how to work on Jeeps, as well as getting a chance to meet and share adventures with some really great people.

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
Confidence using your tools is a beautiful thing.
When I did some work on my wife's old Hyundai, I was blown away at how small and weak everything seemed to be after time spent under the Wranglers. More like tinkering with a gocart.
I know the parts do their job but it seems like it wouldn't take much to bend things over a minor pothole.

Top Bottom