Short Arms & Coil Overs VS Long Arms With Shocks & Springs?

jpkjeep

Caught the Bug
In my opinion the evo C/O kit only gets bad reviews from mall crawlers. If you want an insane amount of flex, it comes with small sacrifices. A coilover may briefly contact the frame or a tire may rub a fender when you are super twisted up. It may put a small scratch in the springs pretty blue paint. The Starbucks crowd obviously can't understand or accept that.

Take it from someone that wheels every weekend on 7-9 rated Sand Hollow trails. I'm talking trails that a full bodied JLU shouldn't even be on. The Evo stuff is the best out there! I've wheeled with guys that have had the Rebel and Acutune kits. They don't even come close! Both had way less travel and were way less predictable at the limit. A lot of coilovers that are setup poorly have terrible characteristics when at the limit. I've personally witnessed 2 rollovers from said shocks unloading in weird wacky ways that ended up putting the rig on it's roof. The Evo kit is insanely stable at the articulation limit and beyond. My Jeep spends a lot of time on 3 wheels and is totally stable and predictable.
327762167_639009934699613_7147300842809956292_n.jpg 326253631_1429246737638924_2193872401495886003_n.jpg 326948050_1367951127290920_5439558275155808255_n.jpg

jpkjeep

Caught the Bug
And I forgot to mention I have hit speeds of 80 plus through the sand dunes. I'd probably die if I had a v8 lmao. So yes, I can't sing there praises enough.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
In my opinion the evo C/O kit only gets bad reviews from mall crawlers. If you want an insane amount of flex, it comes with small sacrifices. A coilover may briefly contact the frame or a tire may rub a fender when you are super twisted up. It may put a small scratch in the springs pretty blue paint. The Starbucks crowd obviously can't understand or accept that.

Take it from someone that wheels every weekend on 7-9 rated Sand Hollow trails. I'm talking trails that a full bodied JLU shouldn't even be on. The Evo stuff is the best out there! I've wheeled with guys that have had the Rebel and Acutune kits. They don't even come close! Both had way less travel and were way less predictable at the limit. A lot of coilovers that are setup poorly have terrible characteristics when at the limit. I've personally witnessed 2 rollovers from said shocks unloading in weird wacky ways that ended up putting the rig on it's roof. The Evo kit is insanely stable at the articulation limit and beyond. My Jeep spends a lot of time on 3 wheels and is totally stable and predictable.
View attachment 385045 View attachment 385046 View attachment 385047
Nice shots! And yes, there are bolt on coilover kits and then there's EVO. From what I have personally seen and tested, there is a big difference.

kingsize

Jesse is a legend!

He wheels his JL harder than most of my buggy friends!

Robert @ ORE

Seahawkfan

Hooked

Now that's some shit I like to read. Great shots too. Hope the same is true for the JK.

Top Bottom