Shocks?

Will2597

Going to get the MC true duel rate lift for my 2016 jk sport s 2 door and leaning to opt for fox 2.0 shocks..... how are they comparable to the rocksport that is offered? I have a full size front steel bumper with a wrench and eventually going to get a rear bumper with either the tire carrier combo with it or opt to get them separately. Bumper with a new smittybelt pivot hd for the rear door.

CalSgt

Hooked
I've been really happy with Rancho shocks.
I had the Rancho 5000X on my JL & they rode nice, real close to stock. They were also: cheap, easily replaced, and could be ordered one at a time instead of a pair like some of the fancy shocks. Over a year and a half I smashed two of them & had one more fail for an unknown reason & didn't have to come up with $250+ every time.

Upvote 0

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Going to get the MC true duel rate lift for my 2016 jk sport s 2 door and leaning to opt for fox 2.0 shocks..... how are they comparable to the rocksport that is offered? I have a full size front steel bumper with a wrench and eventually going to get a rear bumper with either the tire carrier combo with it or opt to get them separately. Bumper with a new smittybelt pivot hd for the rear door.
Honestly, most of the shocks that you see companies like this sell are just rebranded shocks made by Tennaco. As in, they're essentially Monroe's or even Rancho's. You can usually tell by reading the stamped part number on the cans. In other words, you're paying more for a sticker when you can pay less and just get something like a Rancho.

As for how they'll feel goes, probably nicer as a daily driver than the Fox. Where the Fox will outshine it is driving hard and fast across the desert as they will not fade or at least as quickly. The Fox or any monotube shock like it will feel firmer on pavement.

Upvote 0

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I've been really happy with Rancho shocks.
It's almost sad how people write them off just because they're aren't what all the cool kids run. Fact of the matter is, they're about the most comfortable shocks you can run especially as a daily driver. I personally would run them over a Fox, Bilsten or even King on a Jeep that sees a lot of pavement or even just rocks.

Upvote 0

TrailHunter

Hooked
It's almost sad how people write them off just because they're aren't what all the cool kids run. Fact of the matter is, they're about the most comfortable shocks you can run especially as a daily driver. I personally would run them over a Fox, Bilsten or even King on a Jeep that sees a lot of pavement or even just rocks.

Not once, have I ever thought my Rancho 9000’s sucked or that the ride was bad... and when my rears got dented up on the rocks, I was like.... whatever... if it leaks I’ll grab another. But then I’ve never owned Kings or any reservoir shock so I don’t know the difference... which might be a good thing. 😬

Upvote 0

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Not once, have I ever thought my Rancho 9000’s sucked or that the ride was bad... and when my rears got dented up on the rocks, I was like.... whatever... if it leaks I’ll grab another. But then I’ve never owned Kings or any reservoir shock so I don’t know the difference... which might be a good thing. 😬
Truth be told, I could fry a Rancho 9000 in a weekend. Hell, I've done it in a Saturday afternoon trying to keep up with Mel bombing across the Arizona desert. This is NOT what they are designed to do and it IS why I run Kings on my big Jeeps. Rancho's are designed to offer GREAT ON PAVEMENT RIDES and that's why I still run them on my older Jeeps. Again, if all I did was rock crawl and I could get them in the length I wanted, I would totally run Rancho's over some of the other more expensive and sexy monotube shocks out there. But then, I know that I'm just a mall crawler.

Upvote 0

TrailHunter

Hooked
Truth be told, I could fry a Rancho 9000 in a weekend. Hell, I've done it in a Saturday afternoon trying to keep up with Mel bombing across the Arizona desert. This is NOT what they are designed to do and it IS why I run Kings on my big Jeeps. Rancho's are designed to offer GREAT ON PAVEMENT RIDES and that's why I still run them on my older Jeeps. Again, if all I did was rock crawl and I could get them in the length I wanted, I would totally run Rancho's over some of the other more expensive and sexy monotube shocks out there. But then, I know that I'm just a mall crawler.

Exactly... And I’d better upgrade axles before I go bombing through the desert... shit, trying to keep up with Cindy, I’m surprised my Ranchos still work. Lol

Upvote 0
Top Bottom