Rubicon Trail Closed

Just in case anyone is planning any trips to the Rubicon. This is all the info I have currently but you can reach out to the rangers in the area if needed.

https://www.edcgov.us/Goverment.aspx?id=2147485133

A TEMPORARY ROAD CLOSURE HAS BEEN ISSUED FOR THE RUBICON TRAIL EFFECTIVE FEBRUARY 25, 2014.

All three conditions of the monitoring protocol have been met and the Rubicon Trail is closed until further notice. Transportation crews will monitor and open the trail as soon as conditions allow.

Posted Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Weather related? Doesn't seem like much snow but the winds could be a little high. I dunno, just thought I'd add this anyway.

To: Feb.27,Thu 5:00 pm
...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 4 PM PST THURSDAY ABOVE 6000 FEET...
* SNOW ACCUMULATIONS: 5 TO 12 INCHES.
* ELEVATION: ABOVE 6000 FEET.
* TIMING: HEAVIEST SNOWFALL IS EXPECTED TONIGHT INTO THURSDAY MORNING.
* LOCATIONS INCLUDE: LASSEN NATIONAL PARK...DONNER PASS...ECHO SUMMIT...CARSON PASS.
* WINDS: SOUTH 10 TO 20 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO 35 MPH. GUSTS TO 50 MPH OVER HIGH MOUNTAIN RIDGES.
* IMPACTS: TRAVEL DELAYS LIKELY WITH CHAIN CONTROLS POSSIBLE THROUGH THE HIGH NORTHERN SIERRA PASSES.
* CONFIDENCE: HIGH.
* FOR A DETAILED VIEW OF THE HAZARD AREA...VISIT HTTP://WWW.WEATHER.GOV/SACRAMENTO/HAZARDS. INTERACT WITH US VIA SOCIAL MEDIA WWW.FACEBOOK.COM/NWS.SACRAMENTO WWW.TWITTER.COM/NWSSACRAMENTO

Sent from my DROID4 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Oh I agree haha but if anyone was planning on just going in for a few hours then back out they can't. More FYI than anything.

Yep. I'm glad you posted that up. Hopefully it saves someone the trip.

As an aside, I hope you all make the trip over the hill for the S&G.

Top Bottom