Rubicon Take Off’s /Lug Nut Question

Gobi2DR

Hello!
First post here, my daughter and I are customizing her new 2022 2 Door Sport in Gobi…her single favorite Color in a 2 Door Of course and we could Only find it in a sport since they are not taking New orders for it.

Pippi was our inspiration and we have watched all the videos on her several times and love this opportunity to spend time together.

So we’re eager for some upgrades ..she is as “Basic” as can get (Has AC Thou) and my daughter is working off a small budget that she has been saving….and honestly she loves the “sport” the way it is…wants minimal tech. We are shopping for “newer” Rubicon 33” Tire/wheel combo and had a question on Lug Nuts…can we still use our OEM lugs that came on the Sport when We install the “take offs” or will we need to buy new Lug Nut’s?

**also we found a set of “brand new” 2022 Rubicon 4xE 33” take offs for $1600 for all 5; is that a decent price? (Seller Says they only got 50 miles on them) and assuming no difference on the 4xE rubicon Tire/wheel combo othwr

TY in advance for your help!

WJCO

Meme King
Lug nuts should be the same. 1600 seems a little high but depends on your area market. From what I've seen throughout various years, OEM take off sets usually go for 500-1000 for the set. Really just depends on supply and demand.

CalSgt

Hooked
Welcome to the forum, I recommend you stop by the give us a wave thread and introduce yourself there too. Most of us like photos too.

$300 each for takeoffs seems a little steep but I guess new tires have gone up in price too. I think I got $1100 or so for my like new takeoffs 4 years ago.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
That’s about right for the Bay Area. I would get the tread depth measurements because a lot of people put “like new 90% tread” then they take measurements and it’s not even close. I just went through that which is why I just ordered a new set. Not worth my time wasting it on Craigslist idiots.

Gobi2DR

Lug nuts should be the same. 1600 seems a little high but depends on your area market. From what I've seen throughout various years, OEM take off sets usually go for 500-1000 for the set. Really just depends on supply and demand.
Thank you for the response, just to clarify, they are asking 1600 for tires and wheels…I see some older/2018-2020 for about 800-1200…the last 2022 takeoffs I found already sold for 1600…seeing wheels Only for 500-600…owner saying the came of a 2022 4xE that picked up in July..but Great point on cking thread lengths

Welcome to Wayalife! x2 on introducing yourself in the "Give us a wave" subforum.

$1600 is steep but as the others have said depends on the area and demand for them. I've seen them fluctuate and be anywhere from $400 to $1100 down here in SoCal. If you don't hate the stock Wheels I'd honestly just get a brand new set of tires like Overlander said. Not worth the idiots on Gayslist or Offersuck or Gaybook marketface who think their stuff is gold.

As far as the lugs, yes - both the lugs and wheels have the same seat and all trim models of the Wrangler JL use the same 7/8 inch (or 22 mm) lug nuts.

jpkjeep

Caught the Bug
That's nuts for takeoffs! As others have said, I usually see them in my area for 500 or less. Personally, if it was me looking for a wheel/tire upgrade in that price range, I would go aftermarket. You can get something even better looking in my opinion.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
For all you saying you see them for 500 range please post up links. I highly doubt they are the same as the OP is finding.

ScoobyCarolanNC

Welcome aboard! That does seem high whether the tires are new or not. Don't rush and just keep your eyes open, the right deal will find you!

jpkjeep

Caught the Bug
I sold mine with 25k on them for $600 and it took months to find a buyer. I guess it depends on the area. I think most people around here are going bigger and aftermarket, so there's a surplus of stock wheels sitting around 😂

Gobi2DR

Thank you for all the feedback thus far, I was able to get a set of Five “New” 2022 4XE Rubicon Take-off Tires&Wheels, less than 100 miles ..$1500 delivered to my local tire Shop (Seller was awesome for making the 2-3 Hour round trip drive…these were off of his wife’s new Rubicon)
In one week, got a pair of Rubicon Rock Rails $50 bucks, 35% Ceramic Tint All around $300, and new Shoes $1500…
Now debating if it needs spacers or Rubicon take off springs & shocks. What is “best” most cost effective option…(Not looking to do full “lift” and spend 2-3k..Picture attached

This is my 16 YO daughters jeep, will mostly see pavement and Tahoe Snow in the winter…I am sure once she gets more driving experience we will take it out on some of our Awesome Northern CA trails .

Attachments

• 50686A89-F50A-4C5E-916D-8C46ADBA17F7.jpeg
    50686A89-F50A-4C5E-916D-8C46ADBA17F7.jpeg
    294.1 KB · Views: 13
Top Bottom