Roof Top Tents

Boudain

I’ve wanted a RTT for quite some time but I’ve noticed that even the low end ones prices are shooting up. Until prices normalize and I really really need it I’ll keep my Gazelle T4. I’d prefer to be off the ground but the biggest downside I can see is having to pack up camp every time I want to take a run.

Colorado4x4

I’ve wanted a RTT for quite some time but I’ve noticed that even the low end ones prices are shooting up. Until prices normalize and I really really need it I’ll keep my Gazelle T4. I’d prefer to be off the ground but the biggest downside I can see is having to pack up camp every time I want to take a run.
That’s my biggest gripe with it. I will say that the quality of sleep I get in one is better than anything I’ve experienced, except my own bed. Second best is in a cot in a wall tent with wood stove and rug on the ground on a late season elk hunt.

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
I have a CVT Mt Denali-Hybrid-extended version and love it. As others mentioned it will raise your COG and require setup and teardown daily if mounted on top of your rig. Mine is on a trailer as well so I set up, unhook and am done with it. The annex is a good place for the dogs to sleep, change clothes etc. The size of my tent fits me, my wife and two kids but it’s on the tight side. Last time around my son and I actually slept on an air mattress in the annex and let my wife and daughter have the memory foam mattress to themselves. Lol. I think everyone else has covered most the pros and cons fairy well. Just wanted to throw out my vote for CVT if you go that route.
038FCCAC-A531-48A3-AA85-D3B9DC2B6588.jpeg
DB1D37DA-E4C5-4908-8B53-470AE2020163.jpeg

Last edited:

TrailHunter

Hooked
I have a CVT Mt Denali-Hybrid-extended version and love it. As others mentioned it will raise your COG and require setup and teardown daily if mounted on top of your rig. Mine is on a trailer as well so I set up, unhook and am done with it. The annex is a good place for the dogs to sleep, change clothes etc. The size of my tent fits me, my wife and two kids but it’s on the tight side. Last time around my son and I actually slept on an air mattress in the annex and let my wife and daughter have the memory foam mattress to themselves. Lol. I think everyone else has covered most the pros and cons fairy well. Just wanted to throw out my vote for CVT if you go that route.
View attachment 367702
View attachment 367703
Great Setup!

Boudain

That’s my biggest gripe with it. I will say that the quality of sleep I get in one is better than anything I’ve experienced, except my own bed. Second best is in a cot in a wall tent with wood stove and rug on the ground on a late season elk hunt.

Man you’ve just described heaven. And honestly having a good hunting setup is really the thing pushing me to get one. Not really needed for South Texas whitetails, but for New Mexico and Colorado Elk, it would be nice to have some comfort at the end of the day.

Jsouder53

Hooked
Incase a regular RTT is not expensive enough, there is always Ursa Minor. Those are sweet.
Those are sweet, but for upwards of $14k I’ll go with some won tons. Also, that would be hard to take off and store if you want to go topless.

Top Bottom