Rock Slide Engineering Step Sliders

whispike

Anybody have any experience with these? Been considering them for some time now but haven't pulled the trigger yet, haven't actually seen them in person so some of your opinions would be great

Attachments

• DSC_2406-300x300.jpg
    DSC_2406-300x300.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 634
  • JK4-Step-SLider-7-90x90.jpg
    JK4-Step-SLider-7-90x90.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 633

Trail JK

I love the look and the function. I came very close to buying them. A shop near me had them on their show Jeep, when I went back to have another look I was told that they were broken. I know that the shop doesn't take that Jeep on the rocks so its concerning that they were broken and because of that I didn't buy them. I didn't want to pay the price for them to have the motor fail on the drop down step. There are a couple of people on here that run them.

witchdoctor

A guy in our group runs them and says they take a beating. I put another set on a customers jeep a couple weeks ago. Get fit and straight forward install. Very heavy duty built. I'd love a set for my personal jeep. But my shallow pockets prevents that. Lol

CharlieK

A buddy of mine run these. The motor had to be replaced 2 times, in 3 months and they still don't work worth a shit.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
A guy in our group runs them and says they take a beating. I put another set on a customers jeep a couple weeks ago. Get fit and straight forward install. Very heavy duty built. I'd love a set for my personal jeep. But my shallow pockets prevents that. Lol

Are you a dealer for them? Just curious how unbiased this opinion is.

BDP849

I don't have any personal experience with these sliders. However Rock Slides office is down the road from my work, I passed their Jeep a few weeks ago and the slider was hanging down blowing in the wind :eek:

My dad had a set put on his jeep a few years ago. He doesn't wheel much( he's 80) but we have had the bushings replaced and the main motor with motherboard once. A great idea, works well for he and his wife but supper EXPENSIVE!

whispike

My dad had a set put on his jeep a few years ago. He doesn't wheel much( he's 80) but we have had the bushings replaced and the main motor with motherboard once. A great idea, works well for he and his wife but supper EXPENSIVE!

Your Dad sounds pretty cool! I hope I'm still rockin a jeep when I'm 80!

Your Dad sounds pretty cool! I hope I'm still rockin a jeep when I'm 80!

He is! Helped me build my first CJ5 when I was 17, he then built a CJ-7, then my YJ. Now we both have JK's. He spends most of his day reading rags, searching forums and places to wheel! His favorite trail is "hole in the rock".

whispike

He is! Helped me build my first CJ5 when I was 17, he then built a CJ-7, then my YJ. Now we both have JK's. He spends most of his day reading rags, searching forums and places to wheel! His favorite trail is "hole in the rock".

Nice! Cherish what you have!

Voidwarranty

I've had a set of these on my 2014 JK for 2 years now. I love the design, but they have had their share of problems. First, I had to have the controller replaced because of an issue in hot weather. RSE sent one to me very quickly. Problem solved. Then the driver's side motor went out and the step wouldn't close properly. Again, RSE was quick to send me a new motor. Now the passenger side motor is going out. Also, there seems to be an excessive amount of rust forming on the main body of the sliders. I had to remove both step sliders, and sand and repaint the rusted areas. The areas with the rust did not have scratches or chips in the powder coat either. They were rusting under the powder coat. It is for this reason that I am avoiding RSE in choosing a new rear bumper/tire carrier combo, which is my next upgrade.

LarryG

I contemplated these. Speaking to the accessory guy who does lots of mods at a dealership, I opted out. He had installed 3, and basically concluded they were not quite ready for prime time. I went with LOD.

kraxler

Been running them on my 2012 JKUR for two years now. I, and the family love the,. Several weeks ago while up in Silverton a back seat passenger dislocated the magnetic sensor on the pax side. So the step did not come up while driving. Hit a rock and bent the pins in the lower blocks. Rock Slide sent me two new blocks free of charge. Am working an issue with the driver side not locking down properly. Will be working with them on the issue when I get back home. So far the customer service has been great.

kpig

Ran these like others for about 2 years. The driver side motor went out. After my last trip to Hot Springs, Arkansas, I realized these did more harm than good by denting the bodywork when I hit them, so I recently replaced them with EVO skins and sliders. I would say save your money and get a folding plastic step. Just my:twocents:

Last edited:
Top Bottom