Rock or something in the brakes

JKU EXTREME

Okay so the other day I kept hearing this screech coming from my left rear tire. And I'm pretty sure there's a rock or something. It just doesn't want to come out. This has happened before but it came out without a fight. I've already washed it thoroughly hoping it would come out. My only problem is I don't have tools to get the tire off. And I'm leaving for a 800 mile "trip" back to college soon. And don't know what to do.
So if you have any advice please share.
Thankyou.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Check between your rotor and dust shield. IF you have a rock, it may be caught there. Also, check your brake calipers as sometimes a small stone can get caught in there. While you're there, check the brake pad sliders as it's not uncommon for them to shift out of place and rub against the rotors. If this is the case, you can shove it back over with a flathead screw driver but you will need to try and bend the back edge of it again to that it holds it in place.

JAGS

Hooked
Did you recently go wheeling or do something to cause a difference?? Is the sound constant or comes/goes away when applying brakes.

Couple things to check would be the dust/heat shield. Make sure it didn't shift or bend and now rubbing. Also, check the pads themselves to make sure you've got proper wear and still some pads left.

JKU EXTREME

Turns out it was a small issue. I had no break pads front and rear, completely gone in addition to the rear rotors being bare as well. So now I have new brakes. Yay😓

Top Bottom