Rock lights

noroad

Ok guys im all set up to add some new lights under the rig was wondering where you guys have been placing your lights to keep them safe, along with a water proof light thats bright as hell, would love some green lights under there but not a huge problem if they are not!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Here's a write-up for the Walmart lights I've installed...

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?4886-Rock-Lights-Walmart-Platinum-Burner-Installation-Write-Up

main.php

noroad

ya i saw* them the other day at walmart was thinking about getting them, do they stand up pretty good to the weather under there in that spot!

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
ya i say them the other day at walmart was thinking about getting them, do they stand up pretty good to the weather under there in that spot!

For me they have. I have completely submerged them in water before and to the point where you could see it bubbling from the heat of the bulb but, still worked just fine. The best part is that they are cheap and can be found anywhere which makes replacing them super easy if needed. They now have an LED version and I am going to swap in a set just to see how they look.

2trackin

I went with some of these. I've done a ton of wheeling in some of the nastiest winter that Michigan has to offer. Deep snow and ice and these have held up just fine.
$40 shipped and I didn't even use them all.
The rewiring was a bit of a pita but we'll worth the extra time spent in the end.
I wired them to my factory fog light switch since I don't have factory fogs anymore. Had to do some work with capacitors so they wouldn't flicker. Unfortunately the place that I got them from must have gone under because the website no longer works. I'm sure there are other suppliers I found them from a Google search.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Attachments

• 1394643084236.jpg
    1394643084236.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 512
  • 1394643110376.jpg
    1394643110376.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 508
Last edited:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I went with some of these. I've done a ton of wheeling in some of the nastiest winter that Michigan has to offer. Deep snow and ice and these have held up just fine.
$40 shipped and I didn't even use them all.

Brand and product info would help others. :thumb:

2trackin

Brand and product info would help others. :thumb:

I updated my post. The website was horsepowerjuice.com but it doesn't work anymore. I'll look when I get home from work. I may be able to find the same ones somewhere else. Brand is unknown. Just generic Waterproof 4 pot leds

BlueCopper

Has anyone tried the platinum burner led's? I'm curious how much light they put out. If not maybe I'll give it a shot and let everyone else know.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom