Recommended Shop San Diego

llamaKING92

Tired of taking my Rubicon for service at the dealer, especially since it's approaching 10 years. Looking for recommendations on a good Jeep shop in the San Diego area. I rent, am not mechanically inclined to do my own maintenance and also do not have the space or tools as I rent a small apartment and they do not allow even basic car maintenance in parking spots.

Appreciate the suggestions.

I'm in San Diego, may I ask which dealer you're going to? I'd say some dealers are better than others down here, and if it's dealers you wanna avoid completely there's really only one shop I'd recommend, given that all it is down here is 4WP and ORW unfortunately.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I'm in San Diego, may I ask which dealer you're going to? I'd say some dealers are better than others down here, and if it's dealers you wanna avoid completely there's really only one shop I'd recommend, given that all it is down here is 4WP and ORW unfortunately.
I tend to agree with this ^^^.
If all you're looking to do is general maintenance, a dealership should be able to help you out and if you're unhappy with who you've been using, maybe a different one can do better. As far as repair goes, it'd depend on what you're needing to fix.

llamaKING92

San Diego Chrysler Dodge Jeep on Camino del Rio S

If just general maintenance I would just find a good local mom and pop auto shop. Doesn’t need to be Jeep specific.
This^^^

Will be a whole lot cheaper too. If it's more of a Jeep specific job I'd recommend Shift Auto up in Escondido. While they do service anything, the owner is an ASE certified ex Jeep tech and great to work with. Has a clean JT on 40s too. They do anything from oil changes to aftermarket installs.

kevman65

Hooked
If just general maintenance I would just find a good local mom and pop auto shop. Doesn’t need to be Jeep specific.
^^^^^

This. For all my older stuff I've got a guy (who's retiring on me) that I've used for years. He's got all the old ASE Certified Mechanic and Master Mechanic certs hanging on the wall. Not Technician, Mechanic.

Anything I can't handle, Damon gets. Since I'm out of my 36/36,000 warranty, anything not drive-line he'll see on the JT if I can't handle it.

:ROFLMAO: He hates me when I bring the newer stuff with all the electronics.

Top Bottom