Rear Hitch Bar

ducatijosh

Hello, I have a Rubicon without the rear tow hitch, if I swap to the rear bar with a hitch do you know if I'll have more or less clearance for my spare tire? There's a little piece of bent steel that sticks towards the spare on the current bar, curious if it's worse or better on the hitch version.

If anything, I wouldn't want to come down on my spare tire off an obstacle. Much rather on a hitch receiver. Are you trying to fit a larger spare under or are concerned about ground clearance? If it were me I'd get the factory receiver and would think none of them would make a measurable difference.

ducatijosh

If anything, I wouldn't want to come down on my spare tire off an obstacle. Much rather on a hitch receiver. Are you trying to fit a larger spare under or are concerned about ground clearance? If it were me I'd get the factory receiver and would think none of them would make a measurable difference.
I've got a 38" spare under the bed and around 2 mm of space between the spare tire and the rear Clayton (bent) track bar. If it takes up any more room it wont fit.

Attachments

• IMG_2305.jpeg
    IMG_2305.jpeg
    238.3 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_2306.jpeg
    IMG_2306.jpeg
    191 KB · Views: 12
Top Bottom