Rear bumper needs to hold a 40" tire

Hightower

I need some help guys I want to replace my LoD rear bumper / tire carrier I am starting to have DTD installed and want something simple and strong. My first choice would be EVO TIRE carrier but it doesn't fit in the garage and it has to fit into the garage no questions. I want small as possible bumper and prefer no bumper like the EVO system.The system needs to be able to hold up in situation like fast whoops with a 40 tire on it any suggestions.
Thx.

MTG

Caught the Bug
Hey Chris.

If no EVO tire carrier, you'll have to put it in the back like EVO Jeep or get the knuckles off road carrier with the trek top. Not sure if the latter will hold up to the DTD performance though. Or maybe roof rack and tire carrier? :idontknow:

LoPo

Caught the Bug
Would the genright carrier clear?

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I was wondering the same thing.

Hey Chris, what is your garage measurement? By how much is the EVO too big?

GCM 2

Bammmm! Solution development, it is what I do....

Ratchet straps you silly Albertan. KOH approved, well not legally by the Ultra 4 rules, but it held on

image-2455026355.jpg

munstie

Bammmm! Solution development, it is what I do....

Ratchet straps you silly Albertan. KOH approved, well not legally by the Ultra 4 rules, but it held on

View attachment 103458

You guys were waiting for the teraflex carrier weren't ya I hate it when brown Santa doesn't show up in time. :screwy:

Sent from my SM-G900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Hightower

I would like to know what the problem is with the garage too.

Eddie

My garage in Palm Springs has shelving unit at the head of the garage taking up at least 21/2 feet of space. That Shea would never let me cut out! ;-(

I might need to take the spare off to loose length already, Another option is to take the stinger off the front bumper

Driver driver GAS!
WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

Hightower

I was wondering the same thing.

Hey Chris, what is your garage measurement? By how much is the EVO too big?

I don't have the measurements here but last time I was at the condo I was with in an inch of having to remove the spare already to the garage door to close.

Driver driver GAS!
WAYALIFE mobile app

Hightower

Hey Chris.

If no EVO tire carrier, you'll have to put it in the back like EVO Jeep or get the knuckles off road carrier with the trek top. Not sure if the latter will hold up to the DTD performance though. Or maybe roof rack and tire carrier? :idontknow:
Do you think that the knuckles would hold up ?

Driver driver GAS!
WAYALIFE mobile app

Hightower

You might want that for your local trails, remember you are now minutes from JV :icon_crazy:

Greg have you seen the condition of the 10 from my place to the outlet malls in Cabazon crazy bumpy! Lol

Agreed I don't really want to be taking on and off my stinger. My rig is going to be a mall crawler for Shea when we are in town so I installed last year a Tuffy security box for her so she can securely store her purchases like her new clips for the AR15. Lol (Seriously) That box makes storing a spare inside a bit problematic?

Driver driver GAS!
WAYALIFE mobile app

JeepFan

Hooked
I don't have the measurements here but last time I was at the condo I was with in an inch of having to remove the spare already to the garage door to close.

Hey Chris, want me to come over and clearance the cabinets for you! I'm pretty good with a large rock! :crazyeyes:

Seriously though, maybe a good carpenter can fix that for you...:thinking:

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Hey Chris, want me to come over and clearance the cabinets for you! I'm pretty good with a large rock! :crazyeyes:

Yup, take that cabinet out. I have plenty of power tools!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I might need to take the spare off to loose length already, Another option is to take the stinger off the front bumper

Well if that's the case, how about this for a option instead of the stinger...

main.php

I'm pretty sure I still have one too.

If you ask me, carrying your spare properly and without taking up inside room would trump the need for a stinger.

Hightower

Lol No matter how wired this sounds I agree you are good on rocks!;-)

Driver driver GAS!
WAYALIFE mobile app

Hightower

Well if that's the case, how about this for a option instead of the stinger...

main.php

I'm pretty sure I still have one too.

If you ask me, carrying your spare properly and without taking up inside room would trump the need for a stinger.

This is why asking for ideas is so awesome. I get a tire carrier I like and have wanted for years and Meagan will fit in the new garage! Eddie how does sold sound?

Driver driver GAS!
WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom