Quick disconnect for firestik

Any using this or know which one works well? Seems my new garage door is shorter than my current one so the rig wont fit with the firestik connnected.

TennJK

I use the quick disconnect for when I park in a garage or go through the car wash. I got the firestik one on Amazon for like $16

Seems to me like you need to ajust your door, opening is the same sise
Im goona have to look agai. Pulled in at new house and the wife yelled stop the folded my antenna down saying it wasnt gonna fit. She coulda been totally wrong so im gonna try and check myself today

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
Im goona have to look agai. Pulled in at new house and the wife yelled stop the folded my antenna down saying it wasnt gonna fit. She coulda been totally wrong so im gonna try and check myself today

Yeah, don't ever trust the wife on knowing if it will fit or not. Lol.

Dalton gang

Bummer, i wish they would make all those garage openings 8 ft . I just would be worried with the qdc that somone would snag my antenna

Kyle7R

Yeah, don't ever trust the wife on knowing if it will fit or not. Lol.

Seriously guys, are we not doing phrasing?

Note that that's out of the way ;)

I have a Quick Disconnect on my 3 foot Firestik but haven't had to use it. I've got plenty of clearance getting into my garage. But my antenna mount is a little backwards from most everybody else's I've seen.

NevadaZielmeister

Caught the Bug
My experience (with the Quick Disconnect that is) has been pretty bad. I had read that they come apart after a while. My situation was that I could not get a good ground out of the thing, and such, my SWR was very high. I also understood that the quick disconnect will accumulate water and then eventually rust. The old ones used to be really good, but the new ones are not made as well (read Chinese) and failed after a short while.

I simply unscrew my Firestik II from the mount when I want to park it inside. It is easy and I get a much better transmission with a SWR of almost 1.1!!

As for the wife, super happy with her.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
My experience (with the Quick Disconnect that is) has been pretty bad. I had read that they come apart after a while. My situation was that I could not get a good ground out of the thing, and such, my SWR was very high. I also understood that the quick disconnect will accumulate water and then eventually rust. The old ones used to be really good, but the new ones are not made as well (read Chinese) and failed after a short while.

I simply unscrew my Firestik II from the mount when I want to park it inside. It is easy and I get a much better transmission with a SWR of almost 1.1!!

As for the wife, super happy with her.

That's what I did on my Silverado, when I had a CB. Now that I'm about to get another, I'll probably just do that, again.

Top Bottom