Quick Bisiness Question for you guys

arashi

Hello.

I need to know what you think about the subject. I ordered my JKU Sahara on the 19 of déc 2012. I took a Sahara for the simple reason is that I not the only one paying for it (it's a complicated situation that bottom line it's going to be fully my Jeep but this person had something to say about it.. enough on this topic). Now I kind of made a arrangement, and I'm able to change the Sahara to a RUBICON. :rock:

Here's my question: My retailer is close today, obviously, and I send them a e-mail about my intention to UPGRADE my purchase. I want to know if he's going to accept to change it? The order was for the 25 feb 2013, because they had to modified one to fit what I order. But since they're not even able to give me the serial number of the JEEP I guess they don't have it yet.

Will they accept this upgrade? My line of tough on it is, since they going to make more money (UPGRADE) it's good for them, and since they did not change the previous model to fit my need = no cost for them.

Can they force me to take the Sahara?

I need your toughs...

Thanks

1BAMFR

Does the dealer have any of your money?

Have you signed anything yet?

If the answer is NO, to the above 2 questions then you can do whatever the hell you want.....

If the answer is YES, then i would say its up to your dealer....

Chiromancer

You can always ask... You sound like you are still under negotiations... Thus would be able to back out of your current deal and potentially into a new one.

Think of it like a forced changed of position in a right to work state... Goes something like, "You are fired. However, we have this opening over here that we'd like to offer you."

You are jut firing the Sahara and offering to buy a Rubi instead:)

ichthus

As already said, till you pay it's not a done deal. Worst case scenario, the dealer keeps the Jeep you ordered and you have to wait a couple more weeks for a new order to go through. In that case, the dealer wins by having an extra Jeep on the lot quicker than they might have hoped (dealer orders without a customer name go to the back of the list and are built when its convenient for Toledo to run them down the assembly line).

arashi

Thx for the answer.

I didn't gave any money, but I have sing a order saying I want that JEEP. On the back it says they might keep my deposit (with I never did). So my guess, they going to make a deal with me, and give the RUBICON. The way I see it, they don't really have a bargaining position since they don't have my money...

We'll see tomorrow... I'll give you some news...

MTG

Caught the Bug
If I understand the situation right and you were in the US, you wouldn't be obligated to purchase the vehicle...and if they didn't require a deposit, it's their loss. Not sure how it works up there but I think you'll be fine.

Good luck! :thumb:

Chiromancer

Just be careful on the bottom line they give you... At least find out invoice on it (they may be reluctant to give it... But most will nowadays) that way you really know how much thy are screwing you!

A number of folks (myself included) are getting Them from invoice or less (I paid 1% below invoice for '13 JKUR)

arashi

I'm sure they will allow me to have my RUBICON. Also they praise themselves to be the best for service in Quebec province so will put that to the test. :bleh: And also they didn't take a deposit, so I don't see how they could screw me... Any how I WANT MY RUBICON! I'll have it. And on the plus side it's a UPGRADE (+3000$), so in a way they win, also their is no price for a good reputation.

For the delay of having my JEEP, it was schedule for the 25 of february, I was picky on the color witch is going to change for making this append sooner.

Thx for all your answers, I'll tell you around 1000h how it went.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
If you haven't paid any money or signed anything then you can get the Rubicon. If they don't want to sell you one just go to another dealer. I would wait for an email back or just call them tomorrow.

arashi

Badabing Badaboom!

I finally talked to my salesman, and the answer is quite a surprise. He told me: NO PROBLEM! I'll arrange that right now to make sure to find one with the options you asked.

Ok! So happy, I'll be a proud owner of a brand new JKU RUBICON!!! And probably one week before I was suppose to receive the other one. :rock:

SO HAPPY...

I'll be ready for Off Road in no time!!!!

Thx for your support, and advices...

I love this FORUM!

arashi

OMG.

Instead of the 25 feb 2013, looks more like next Monday !!!! :wings::thumb::clap2::icon_crazy:

arashi

Ok guys...

Little update: My Jeep Arrived at my dealer, a few hours ago. So it means that I going to be a owner on thursday at 14h00... Pictures are coming up...:rock:

Just can't wait...

Top Bottom