Questions about new rubicon wheels & tires.

ScoobyCarolanNC

Yesterday I installed brand new shocks, springs, wheels, & stock MT tires off a 2016 rubicon with only 3K miles on it.

I think it was a tiny lift and I need to recenter my steering wheel, but do the rubicon's MTs pull left at all? What is a good pressure to run them at? I think the old owner had them way too high. I'm a little nervous because the ride is so different than my Sahara setup with 90K on it. Any other tips are appreciated.

Sent from my duck blind.

WJCO

Meme King
Set them at 30 and recheck. Switch front tires side to side to see if pull goes the other direction, then you'll know if it's related to the tires or not.

GraniteCrystal

The BFG MT I had were terrible but that was mostly because the previous owner didn't properly rotate them. I now run KO2s which love and I keep them around 34psi.

ScoobyCarolanNC

Set them at 30 and recheck. Switch front tires side to side to see if pull goes the other direction, then you'll know if it's related to the tires or not.

Pressure was way off. Everything is at 30 now.

The BFG MT I had were terrible but that was mostly because the previous owner didn't properly rotate them. I now run KO2s which love and I keep them around 34psi.

These are so new that they still have the little hairs on em. I think I've got to just get used to it.

Sent from my duck blind.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
You have to rotate them sooner then later. They get choppy.

Sent from my XT1080 using WAYALIFE mobile app

^this.

I rotated mine when new every 5k miles... THAT was too long and they started feathering after about 12k... I swapped them out for 37" toyo MTs at 15k... and I have been rotating my toyos every 3k religiously :crazyeyes:

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
I would rotate them about every 3k-5k miles or basically every oil change to get the best wear out of them. Rotate all 5 also.

ScoobyCarolanNC

You have to rotate them sooner then later. They get choppy.

Sent from my XT1080 using WAYALIFE mobile app

^this.

I rotated mine when new every 5k miles... THAT was too long and they started feathering after about 12k... I swapped them out for 37" toyo MTs at 15k... and I have been rotating my toyos every 3k religiously :crazyeyes:

I would rotate them about every 3k-5k miles or basically every oil change to get the best wear out of them. Rotate all 5 also.

Awesome guys, I'll put it on the list. I put about 40 miles on em today. It's weird going from a normal tire to a MT. I can feel the knobbies which was unsettling at first. On the highway she tracked straight so I think it was just pulling to the road I was on. I also definitely need to adjust my driving style.

Sent from my duck blind.

WJCO

Meme King
Awesome guys, I'll put it on the list. I put about 40 miles on em today. It's weird going from a normal tire to a MT. I can feel the knobbies which was unsettling at first. On the highway she tracked straight so I think it was just pulling to the road I was on. I also definitely need to adjust my driving style.

Sent from my duck blind.

You get used to the noise and feeling in no time.

Top Bottom