Question for those running a Warn 10K VR on the Rubicon steel bumper.

jorgelrod

Hooked
I'm planning on going with a Steel OEM bumper to replace my JT plastic bumper, when making my parts list I found that there is a Fairlead Adapter Plate For Centered Winch - Mopar (82215528AB) and a Mopar Winch Fairlead Adapter Plate Off-Center (82215527AB)

Can someone confirm if the one I need is the centered winch plate?

Thanks,

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I'm planning on going with a Steel OEM bumper to replace my JT plastic bumper, when making my parts list I found that there is a Fairlead Adapter Plate For Centered Winch - Mopar (82215528AB) and a Mopar Winch Fairlead Adapter Plate Off-Center (82215527AB)

Can someone confirm if the one I need is the centered winch plate?

Thanks,
Most older winches were off centered. Newer ones like ZEONs are centered and I'm pretty sure that VRs are as well.

CalSgt

Hooked
Seems like I had to customize my factory steel bumper and Warn plate for an off center type winch. I had to cut the slot in the bumper a few inches bigger, drill a hole for the fairlead bolt, and make a filler plate on the other side for the fairlead to bolt up to. Also had to make a new trim plate to match. I think most all factory accessories are for the centered winches

8143C9E2-1284-4382-9AE9-B3B2EEEE0985.jpeg

I to customize the control/solenoid box mounts to sit over the spool instead of off to the side because it was hitting the bumper otherwise.
65C4783F-0DC2-421D-BA5E-4A457AE73584.jpeg

Top Bottom