Purchased My First Jeep

WAbicon

Hey, new Jeep owner here. Been a member for a while, but I finally purchased my first Jeep. It's a 93 YJ. I purchased it from a co-worker for a good deal. It's a 4cyl manual. Engine is locked up, so I'm on the look out for a replacement in Washington. Summer is here, so I just want to get her running again to enjoy it. Then take on some more work over the winter. Here's the pictures I have for now. Will get a few more once she's home and cleaned up.

FB_IMG_1625178126448.jpg
FB_IMG_1625362538512.jpg
FB_IMG_1625362545638.jpg

Hell rip a 4.0l out of a Cherokee and put the whole driveline and harness in. Cherokees are cheap as hell. You will have to cut and weld engine mount on frame but no big deal.

WAbicon

Thanks guys! I looked into doing the 4.0 swap, but I don't have a welder or know how to weld, so that would be a little difficult. Last engine swap I did was on a Bronco II with a 2.9 to 4.0 V6. It was bolt in with a little wire harness splicing.

Good news is that it's home. I was told the engine was seized, but I figured is give the key a turn anyways. It took a second but she fired up. Maybe it's salvageable? He told me it overheated real bad, so I still have more investigation to do. Radiator was dry, but no water in the oil.

IMG_20210705_151434986_HDR.jpg

J&k_Overland

Sweet. 4.0 swap ain’t worth the head ache and money. Gear it way down and live with the 4 or swap in a mild V8 Key word is mild till you can swap out the axles. My first Jeep had the 4 banger great lil Jeep

Top Bottom