Psc big bore xd steering box.

black pearl

Hooked
This is probably gone over , here some place. I’m not good with the search. I’m looking at getting this steering box. My only real question is will my factory lines hook into it?

TrailHunter

Hooked
This is probably gone over , here some place. I’m not good with the search. I’m looking at getting this steering box. My only real question is will my factory lines hook into it?
Yes. I am running just the box... everything else is stock. Flushed the system with Swepco 729 and then filled with Swepco 715. Don't overfill. In the near future I will be adding the PSC hoses, Pump, cooler and Reservoir .... Just because.

TrailHunter

Hooked
I’ll have to consider that. It hasn’t been on my radar, but maybe I’ll want it after moving to 37s.
Listen to Jeremy on this... I got the unported and if I go to 37's I'll have to live with it or upgrade again. Even with the 35's when the front is locked it can be hard or impossible to turn when bound against a rock... I just have to reposition or follow it through. It's not a huge deal to me, but definitely something you should consider. It's still one of my favorite mods.. it steers really nice with the Big Bore.

black pearl

Hooked
Listen to Jeremy on this... I got the unported and if I go to 37's I'll have to live with it or upgrade again. Even with the 35's when the front is locked it can be hard or impossible to turn when bound against a rock... I just have to reposition or follow it through. It's not a huge deal to me, but definitely something you should consider. It's still one of my favorite mods.. it steers really nice with the Big Bore.
Yeah I’ve definitely run into that out in the bigger rocks before, with 35s.

rubiDave

I was wondering how that was working for you.

COMtnBkr

I just installed the ported version myself. Make sure to check the length of the bolts PSC supplied for the front frame holes. For mine they sent 90mm and they should’ve sent 100mm (approx 4”). Also, you’ll need a 46mm socket for the nut on the pitman arm, red lock tite it, and torque to 240ftlb. I bought a 3/4” drive 46mm socket off amazon and used a 1/2” drive adapter for my torque wrench, I’ll also confirm that factory lines line right up and have factory fittings, And for gosh sakes, spend the extra money on the ported version! Just ran it in Moab on 38’s and while it’s a lot better than stock,
I’m still going to add a ram.

black pearl

Hooked
I just installed the ported version myself. Make sure to check the length of the bolts PSC supplied for the front frame holes. For mine they sent 90mm and they should’ve sent 100mm (approx 4”). Also, you’ll need a 46mm socket for the nut on the pitman arm, red lock tite it, and torque to 240ftlb. I bought a 3/4” drive 46mm socket off amazon and used a 1/2” drive adapter for my torque wrench, I’ll also confirm that factory lines line right up and have factory fittings, And for gosh sakes, spend the extra money on the ported version! Just ran it in Moab on 38’s and while it’s a lot better than stock,
I’m still going to add a ram.
That’s perfect I have all the tools and supplies needed!

Adidas4275

we ran our big bore on our JK on 37s on a 11 year old stock pump for a year with the factory lines. it worked great. No issues and loved knowing i wasnt going to damage my sector shaft wheeling

I saved up and got the rest of the kit later and installed the res, cooler, pump and lines and ours is ported for hydro someday. It is a good upgrade to do the whole system, but just the box is noticeable and makes the jeep nicer to drive on the highway as well as wheel

Top Bottom