Please Help Transmission not shifting

johansrt8

I have a 15 rubicon on 40s, Dynatrac pr60's with 538 gears.
On a wheeling trip last month my ABS light came on so i used a scanner and got the code for Passenger front abs sensor i went to the dealer gave them my Vin number and i got it installed at my job and drove it around the corner the light when out so i was really happy for that.
on my way home same day goin on the parkway i found that the jeep was sluggish looked at the dashboard and i was going about 50 and the rpm was revving hi so i tried shifting manually and wouldn't shift up or down so i stop to see what was going on. trac light came on the dash so i used the superchips flashcal to see what pops on and got this codes:

C1219 STEERING ANGLE SENSOR ERRATIC PERFORMANCE
C1240 STEERING ANGLE SENSOR ANGLE OVERTRAVEL PERFORMANCE
P0734 GEAR 4 INCORRECT RATIO

the Jeep is running like in 3rd or 4th gear and not changing or wont let me do it manually.

I also check my tune and my gear and tire size was good on the device so i drove home slowly and took the Jeep to the dealer but haven't got a response yet.
anything i should look for or anyone had this issue before, pls advise

cheers
Johan
Krawl3r_2.0 instagram

fiend

Caught the Bug
Maybe your jeep is confused about wheel speed due to the replaces sensor and is putting itself into limp mode. I assume you used a programmer to adjust for the 5.38 gears. I would go through that programming process again and see if the problems resolves.

jdofmemi

I had a similar no shift issue on my 2015.

Mine had a code for each rear wheel speed sensor. One had been on, due to a bad connector, then the other one had the sensor fail while I was waiting for parts to fix the first one. When the second one went, it threw another speed sensor code, but I was not able to identify it.
When I fixed the first sensor that had went bad, shifting returned. I figured that the two codes together overwhelmed the computer and it went to failsafe mode.

If you fix the codes you have, shifting may return to normal like mine did.

Good luck

RSQCON

I've had it where it wouldn't shift out of 2nd gear and wouldn't allow me to manually shift either. I've checked my sensor line for any cuts or abrasions and can find any. First time they went on was after pressure washing. Last time it happened was after the water crossing at Fordyce. I hooked up to my air compressor on Fordyce and stuck a blow gun down along the sensor and tone ring and the lights went off. When I got home from the trip I washed the Jeep good and lights came back on. Did the same thing with my compressor at home and lights went off again so maybe try that.

jeeeep

Hooked
could also be the clock spring, is your steering wheel centered?

does it complete the same number of turns from left lock to center and right lock to center?

does your cruise control still work?

I would also try disconnecting the battery (both pos and neg) and let it sit for 15-20 minutes.

wallawalla

I just went through the same issue. I ended up replacing the trans and the TIPM.

Symptoms:
Trans wouldn't shift out of 4th
Manual selector was not responsive
DTCs:
P0731 - Gear Ration Error in 1st

After disassembly found the TIPM to be faulty & that 1st and 2nd gear wear heavily damaged.

At that point I stopped digging and replaced both. Issue resolved.

Top Bottom