Passive Entry Antenna Problem

rflauto

Hello group, since a month ago I have a problem in my Wrangler, when I try to start it tells me that it does not detect the key fob.

I have already tried with both keys and I have changed the battery. The key fob opens and closes the doors, but when I'm inside I can only start it by pressing the ignition button with the key.

I scanned it and it gave me this code: B1A74-13 (Input passive antenna 4: Open circuit).

I would like to know if anyone knows the location of the passive entry antennas inside the vehicle so I can check them.

Thank you very much in advance.

Attachments

• 1C4HJXEG1NW273614_RepairReport_2022_12_25_08-02-36.pdf
    58.4 KB · Views: 4

jeeeep

Hooked
damn, that sucks.

one reason I dislike "electronic convenience" more shit= more problems

my guess is somewhere in the B pillar

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I've had this problem before too on my old 2018 and for the life of me, could never really get it figured out. New batteries, different FOB, still had issues from time to time. If your Jeep is still under warranty, I would have your dealership give this a look.

kevman65

Hooked
Something to check, because they seem to cause weird problems.

If you take your doors off then check every last pin in both front door connectors. If just one pin is out of place and cross connecting you can see some weird effects.

rflauto

I've had this problem before too on my old 2018 and for the life of me, could never really get it figured out. New batteries, different FOB, still had issues from time to time. If your Jeep is still under warranty, I would have your dealership give this a look.
Thank you, I think it will be the best

rflauto

Something to check, because they seem to cause weird problems.

If you take your doors off then check every last pin in both front door connectors. If just one pin is out of place and cross connecting you can see some weird effects.
thanks! I will check it

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I just left work but I can see if I can find any info on where the module is tomorrow

rflauto

Just to update you, after much research and with the help from all of you, specially Cozdude, I confirm that antenna number 4 is the defective one and the one behind the HVAC.

The color of the wires is the same as in the diagram.

I leave the diagram in case anyone needs the information.

Now I just have to wait for the part I ordered, replace it, and I hope to give you good news.

Attachments

• PASSIVE-ENTRY-SYSTEM.pdf
    490.3 KB · Views: 5
Top Bottom