Passenger side bracket

BCwillys

So I'm installing a 2.5 inch lift on the wife's gladiator and I noticed a large bracket on the outside of the passenger side of the frame just in front of the lower control arm mount. Seems odd, my JL doesn't have it , doesn't seem to protect anything or have anything inside of it. It does hang down a bit low. I'm just curious why it's there and if I can remove it. I've attached a pic. IMG_20220830_101105896.jpg

kevman65

Hooked
Safety feature added either midyear 21 or for the 22 MY. It's to prevent the front tire rolling up under the JT.

As far as I know, there is no reason to leave it on, as I think the problem it is to prevent doesn't happen that often.

WJCO

Meme King
Safety feature added either midyear 21 or for the 22 MY. It's to prevent the front tire rolling up under the JT.

As far as I know, there is no reason to leave it on, as I think the problem it is to prevent doesn't happen that often.
Wow. That thing doesn't even look factory. Looks like something Jeep had in the corner of the factory and said 'Here, try this.'

BCwillys

Good to know, I think I'll be pulling it off
Wow. That thing doesn't even look factory. Looks like something Jeep had in the corner of the factory and said 'Here, try this.'
That's what I was thinking, almost looked like a bracket to hold the frame during assembly in the plant lol
I'd be curious if the 22 JL's have it too.
My JL is a 22 and doesn't have this bracket

Top Bottom