Overland / get out of "almost" anywhere lift kits

III%er

So I'm hoping I can get some feedback on as the title says, two totally different lift kits. 1st of course is EVO's double throw-down front and rear setup for the JT. What I'm curious about though is the Rebel Offroad overland stage 2 kit (and before the scorchers come out and send me to the Infirmary I get that they're not a very well respected manufacture in this community). That being said they say its an "overlanding kit" that incorporates a coilover setup in the front and a shock and spring in the rear for as they say "to maximize the vehicle's towing and load capacity . Now... (and no disrespect) Is the EVO's kit inferior in that regards or is it just a gimmick to sell lift kits while not wanting to do the engineering to accommodate the rear end as EVO has?

As always,
Thanks in advance.:thumb:

TrailHunter

Hooked
Thanks bro...

Can you tell me about the rear end? I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks for what? Lol.... EVO sells every option... coilover front & back / coilover front & spring Rear / Spring front & Rear... All their "overland" kits have a rear Spring..... Seems like some "engineering" has been done. Are you "Overlanding" or Rock Crawlin?

III%er

Thanks for what? Lol.... EVO sells every option... coilover front & back / coilover front & spring Rear / Spring front & Rear... All their "overland" kits have a rear Spring..... Seems like some "engineering" has been done. Are you "Overlanding" or Rock Crawlin?

Thanks for your feedback.

That's awesome! That's what I'm look for. Some real world experience.

But... neither website tells the difference. At least what I read.

Thanks again!:thumb:

jdofmemi

Chances are, if you don't understand the difference, go with the spring, as the coilovers take a lot of work, and knowledge of how they work, in order to be happy with them.

Driving skill is what gets you places, the rig just makes it easier and more comfortable the better it's built.

Just my opinion.

TrailHunter

Hooked
So what's the difference between the coilover in the rear vs a spring and shock?

Thanks peeps

About $2000? I'm no expert here... but I'm guessing Coilovers will always be superior and more adjustable if you have the money for them. But either a Spring or Coilover will get the job Done.

III%er

About $2000? I'm no expert here... but I'm guessing Coilovers will always be superior and more adjustable if you have the money for them. But either a Spring or Coilover will get the job Done.

Thanks everybody.

I feel that everybody is under the same understanding that coilovers are better (at least under certain parameters) . But what I was asking was what are the pro's and con's of using a different setup in the rear for towing and load rate?

Seahawkfan

Hooked
So I'm hoping I can get some feedback on as the title says, two totally different lift kits. 1st of course is EVO's double throw-down front and rear setup for the JT.

As always,
Thanks in advance.:thumb:

I'm not seeing DTD on their site for the Gladiator. I know Eddie got the CO and BP up front but single CO rear. Not positive on the rear.

III%er

That would be awesome if someone mentioned something like spring rate, overall payload capacity, compression and recoil and stuff like that so I can get a better idea for whats better for what.

Thanks though. [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G988U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

Brute

Hooked
Chances are, if you don't understand the difference, go with the spring, as the coilovers take a lot of work, and knowledge of how they work, in order to be happy with them.

Driving skill is what gets you places, the rig just makes it easier and more comfortable the better it's built.

Just my opinion.

So says Robert Jdofmemi Frost...who always takes the “line less traveled “...

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

scruffy

I'm doing a JT with the Evo COs' without the double throw down. After talking to Evo my understanding is the non CO rear spring setup may be better if you plan to tow heavier loads. I'm trying end up with a JT that can play in the rocks or be an extreme overlander. Going with Dynatrac Pro 60/80 axles to make it harder for me to break things. I will have an Overland Atlas topper (400lbs) on it at times and possibly tow a lite weight dirt bike trailer . Won't be towing the trailer in the rocks and won't be doing extreme crawling with the topper. I know I might have to play with the rear springs till we get it sorted. I'm sure it going to be a fun learning adventure. Call Evo and tell them what you're trying to do with your JT. Between Mel and Eddie the have a lot of input

Top Bottom