Ordering a new JL

jwolfejt

Caught the Bug
I was wondering what everyones experience has been ? I am going to order a new Wrangler for my wife (our anniversary - and so she can get off my back everytime I get something for my gladiator or even look at anything Jeep related lol) - after arguing with me about how much I have spent and will spend on my Jeep - now she wants one after seeing a JLUR in the Reign color (Purple-ish) with the LED lighting package driving off the lot with its new owner. I was going through the configurator online and it looks like the only way to get a pentastar without the etorque is to get the manual (which I know is going to be a no go for her). It looks like the only engines you can get without etorque are the 2.0 turbo and the diesel - since I have a JT i want to keep parts commonality to a maximum - i.e. oil filters and other maintenance parts. What do you guys recommend ? How different is the etorque 3.6 ? Any issues with the etorque setup ?

JimLee

Hooked
I think the main differences on the etourqe are that it uses a belt starter generator instead of a starter and alternator. You also have a big 48v secondary battery instead of the barbie car aux battery. They say it gets better torque off the line because the BSG assists with starts off the line. I haven't read of alot of people having issues with them but it does add some mechanical/ electrical complexity to systems that were fine before. I know I dont want one, but then again I wheel alone alot.

jwolfejt

Caught the Bug
I think the main differences on the etourqe are that it uses a belt starter generator instead of a starter and alternator. You also have a big 48v secondary battery instead of the barbie car aux battery. They say it gets better torque off the line because the BSG assists with starts off the line. I haven't read of alot of people having issues with them but it does add some mechanical/ electrical complexity to systems that were fine before. I know I dont want one, but then again I wheel alone alot.
What did you end up going with ? The 2.0 ?

WJCO

Meme King
I was wondering what everyones experience has been ? I am going to order a new Wrangler for my wife (our anniversary - and so she can get off my back everytime I get something for my gladiator or even look at anything Jeep related lol) - after arguing with me about how much I have spent and will spend on my Jeep - now she wants one after seeing a JLUR in the Reign color (Purple-ish) with the LED lighting package driving off the lot with its new owner. I was going through the configurator online and it looks like the only way to get a pentastar without the etorque is to get the manual (which I know is going to be a no go for her). It looks like the only engines you can get without etorque are the 2.0 turbo and the diesel - since I have a JT i want to keep parts commonality to a maximum - i.e. oil filters and other maintenance parts. What do you guys recommend ? How different is the etorque 3.6 ? Any issues with the etorque setup ?
Just checked out that color. Pretty sweet.

jwolfejt

Caught the Bug
Get a used unmodified JL with the 3.6 and auto and get it wrapped in whatever color she wants… She can have a unique Jeep in a color no one else has.
I want to get her a new one so a used JL would really not hit the same.

Jackboeker83

I just purchased a 3.0 because I didn’t want the e torque. The main reason I choose the 3.0 is because I’m going to modify it pretty heavily. If you want to keep the parts the same then you have two choices. Manual or e torque.

I have a 21 JLUR with the 3.6 and e-torque and I think it’s fine. The start/stop works when I don’t mind it doing it’s thing and it’s easily disabled when I don’t. I carry a noco jumper box just in case.

No engine issues with my 2019 2.0L JL with etorque. Over 30k miles already.

It seems that people are afraid of etorque due to the additional battery and the cooling lines it adds.

Top Bottom