Opening Day of Dove Season

dcbjk

Caught the Bug
Well tomorrow is the opening day of dove season in NC. So pumped been ready for it all year, pretty much a tradition since I was old enough to shoot. Listening to my granddaddy telling me about timing my shot distance between me and the bird (quail at the time). He told me count to three when the bird gets up and then shoot,

I said okay haha, the bird went up 1,3 BAM! hahaha needless to say the feathers flew my granddaddy laughed his butt off never forgot it.

Any funny memorable times that you have about dove season or quail hunting share it would love to hear it.

Here's me all ready for tomorrow.

Dove Hunting.JPG

MTG

Caught the Bug
Strange, but the first thing that popped into my head was this…

[video]http://video.naij.com/view=6qgucczw&ref=search_redirect&autoplay=1[/video]

Good luck!

fmdualexhaust

Funny. I thought of Ferlin Husky singing on the wings of a snow white dove. Like the dove much more than Ferlin.

Last edited:

Rccrwlr

Well tomorrow is the opening day of dove season in NC. So pumped been ready for it all year, pretty much a tradition since I was old enough to shoot. Listening to my granddaddy telling me about timing my shot distance between me and the bird (quail at the time). He told me count to three when the bird gets up and then shoot,

I said okay haha, the bird went up 1,3 BAM! hahaha needless to say the feathers flew my granddaddy laughed his butt off never forgot it.

Any funny memorable times that you have about dove season or quail hunting share it would love to hear it.

Here's me all ready for tomorrow.

View attachment 163560

How did you do?

mcsjk

Mmmm not too good honestly the birds flew good for and hour and that was it and only 2 birds and box of shells to show for it

Sorry to hear that. We had a great first day in GA. Had at least 60 people out in the field and man were they flying.

This picture is only about half of the birds, the other half had already been cleaned:
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1441741262.529440.jpg

Edit: Just realized that posting a picture of dead animals on the forum could upset people. If anybody is offended or it is against any rule please just let me know and I will apologize and take it down.

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
Sorry to hear that. We had a great first day in GA. Had at least 60 people out in the field and man were they flying.

This picture is only about half of the birds, the other half had already been cleaned:
View attachment 163994

Edit: Just realized that posting a picture of dead animals on the forum could upset people. If anybody is offended or it is against any rule please just let me know and I will apologize and take it down.

I hope that was a joke...if it offends someone, then they can not click on a thread titled "dove season" lol. The only thing I find offensive in your post is you not posting those suckers glazed over some coals. :D

dcbjk

Caught the Bug

View attachment 163994

Man that's a good day right there bro
We had plenty of people just not enough birds

[/B]

I hope that was a joke...if it offends someone, then they can not click on a thread titled "dove season" lol. The only thing I find offensive in your post is you not posting those suckers glazed over some coals. :D

Agree grill them suckas

Top Bottom